Currently under H1B extension, Possible to change my employer ?

YoungMember

• 2 weeks later...

Second question -

Please help me here.

Is it fine to put the papers in existing company, once my new employer file the H1B transfer ?

As they are processing in normal and receipt # will take around a week by mail. And the new employer is saying am good to join, once they file the transfer (with the courier package #).

(Info - my new employer is a small staffing company and through them am going to work in a US based client)

Second question -

Please help me here.

Is it fine to put the papers in existing company, once my new employer file the H1B transfer ?

As they are processing in normal and receipt # will take around a week by mail. And the new employer is saying am good to join, once they file the transfer (with the courier package #).

(Info - my new employer is a small staffing company and through them am going to work in a US based client)

Always remember, do not join the new employer without your H1 approval.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

My original H1b transfer was filed in Aug 2013 but seeing the delay I asked my employer to process it in premium (they did almost 6 working days back) and have received the acceptance of it, the next day.

But on uscis.gov website, NO status is shown as of today.

Any idea, uscis is shut down currently ? please help.

Thank you !!

Hi,

My original H1b transfer was filed in Aug 2013 but seeing the delay I asked my employer to process it in premium (they did almost 6 working days back) and have received the acceptance of it, the next day.

But on uscis.gov website, NO status is shown as of today.

Any idea, uscis is shut down currently ? please help.

Thank you !!

USCIS is working as usual.

They won't update the status very often. So you have to wait.

thanks for your quick reply.

My employer received the RFE on my visa (under premium).

He may take some time in responding back to uscis (may be a week or two). Will this be still considered under premium by uscis ? OR will they refund the money ?

You will get the response in 15days after answering your RFE.

Why are you worried about the money??

• 2 months later...

Thanks much. H1B got cleared.

Big Question - 

I got a full time opportunity so I put my papers with my employer (small contracting firm).

As written in my offer letter, Under "damages for breach of term provision" (...which states company shall be entitled to any and all damages allowed under law aganist employee.... -- leaving before 12 months, I completed 6 months with them) So,they asking me a huge amount of money. 

Taking money from an employee, is legal in USA ? please help

Thanks much. H1B got cleared.

Big Question - 

I got a full time opportunity so I put my papers with my employer (small contracting firm).

As written in my offer letter, Under "damages for breach of term provision" (...which states company shall be entitled to any and all damages allowed under law aganist employee.... -- leaving before 12 months, I completed 6 months with them) So,they asking me a huge amount of money. 

Taking money from an employee, is legal in USA ? please help

The offer letter you signed is binding on you and your employer. Based on that the employer can sue you for break or breach of contract.

Thanks, I agree.

But offer letter/contract says, "damage" it can be $0 or $100, etc....no specific amount.

In this case, how the employer can ask a huge amount. I am shocked. is this thing legal ?

Okay. in case I pay the amount, is he liable to accept it legally and will provide me with any receipt ? not sure, how it works legally, please help.

Thanks, I agree.

But offer letter/contract says, "damage" it can be $0 or $100, etc....no specific amount.

In this case, how the employer can ask a huge amount. I am shocked. is this thing legal ?

Okay. in case I pay the amount, is he liable to accept it legally and will provide me with any receipt ? not sure, how it works legally, please help.

Before you do anything talk to a good labor attorney.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived