Questions regarding Parents Visitor Visa stamping in Mumbai, India

jazzbha1234

Hello there, 

Can anyone please advise me on following questions regarding my parents visitor visa stamping in Mumbai: 

1.) Is there a place or website which gives the complete process of visitor visa as to what do I need to do to start with it? Do I need to fill DS-160 to start with? If yes, then what do I need to do next? 

2.) What documents do I need to show if I say that I am sponsoring their complete trip to US? Can anyone give me a complete list? 

3.) What documents do they need to show if we say that they themselves are sponsoring their trip to US? 

Please advise to the earliest. 

Thanks !! 

Hello there, 

Can anyone please advise me on following questions regarding my parents visitor visa stamping in Mumbai: 

1.) Is there a place or website which gives the complete process of visitor visa as to what do I need to do to start with it? Do I need to fill DS-160 to start with? If yes, then what do I need to do next? 

2.) What documents do I need to show if I say that I am sponsoring their complete trip to US? Can anyone give me a complete list? 

3.) What documents do they need to show if we say that they themselves are sponsoring their trip to US? 

Please advise to the earliest. 

Thanks !! 

Check the VFS Site..or the US Consulate's Mumbai website...it will give you complete details on the process.

• 5 weeks later...

Jazz,

You have to file DS-160 first (one for each mom and dad) and then pay fees to Axis bank (two - three other banks also excepts the payment) and create your parents profile (one for each mother and father) go to this site to create a profile http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-steps.asp.

Once you have a fee receipt, and DS 160 complete, submity DS-160 and get the confirmation page print and then you can again login to above site and schedule for an interview

Here is the list of documents

1), Affidavit of support form for US visa. Form I-134, ( US visa sponsor form) for Parents and Parents In-law
2), Letter of Invitation addressed to visa applicants
3), Letter to US Consulate requesting that visa be granted to the person you are sponsoring
4), Bank statements : Latest two bank statements.
5), 4 recent pay stub copies.
6), Copy of last 2 year income tax returns and last 2 years W2 forms
7), Copy of passports (My passport and My wife's passport)..
8), Letter of employment from Employer(one copy for Parents and one copy for parents In-law)
9), Copies of my H1 Approval Form (I-797), and I-94.
10, Birth certificate of wife and mine.
11, Marrige certificate of XXX and XXX

Note:If you are sponsoring your in-laws, birth certificate and passport(all pages) copies are required for the child of the visa applicant, i.e. your spouse).

Archived