H1 B Revoked

vpknox

Hello
My company filed me H1-B Visa and its effective from October 2012. I was laid off and my official last working day will be on 07-19-2013.

My HR said he is gonna send a letter to USCIS on the same day to revoke my H1-B visa. I am sure I do not have enough time to find an other job and transfer my visa.
I was wondering what all would be my options to stay in status?

1. can I transfer to F1 Visa by getting an admission in any university? If so how long it takes to convert back into H1 if I found an other job?

2.  Is it ok if I stay out of status for couple days until I figure out something?

3. or Can I convert it to a tourist or bussines visa?

Please guide me through this situation.

Let me know if you need any other information.

First, the company is required by law to inform USCIS if you no longer work there.

Second, H1 revocation is irrelevant for you.

Third, you are out of status from the day of layoff.

Fourth, admission to a university takes several months. An F1 is for studying, not for "bridging" some time.

Fifth, file a COS to B2 immediately to stay in status.

Sixth, the employer is required by law to pay for your travel back to your home country, if you wish to go back.

1. can I transfer to F1 Visa by getting an admission in any university? If so how long it takes to convert back into H1 if I found an other job?

2.  Is it ok if I stay out of status for couple days until I figure out something?

3. or Can I convert it to a tourist or bussines visa?

Please guide me through this situation.

Let me know if you need any other information.

1. That's not an option. You cannot use F1 to just to be in status

2. No.

3.Yes,B2 is your only option.

Archived