H1B Visa with non profit organisation

kknh1b

Hi all,

I applied for H1B this year and I am not selected in the lottery. But now my client(non-profit) offered me a Full Time position, I am not sure if my client can apply for H1b  Can some one let me know if Blue Cross Blues shield of Minnesota can apply for H1B without quota?

Thanks

Not all non-profits qualify for the H1 cap exemption.

Only universities, non-profit research organizations affiliated with universities (university research hospitals would fall under that, for example) and government research institutions are cap-exempt.

It doesn't seem that Blue Cross/Blue Shield would be cap-exempt.

Surely they can.

Thank you for your reply omshiv, I was just wondering if there is anything like business oriented non profit organisation and service oriented non profit organisation. I heard that business oriented non profit cannot file H1b(first time filing) without quota.is that true?

Not all non-profits qualify for the H1 cap exemption.

Only universities, non-profit research organizations affiliated with universities (university research hospitals would fall under that, for example) and government research institutions are cap-exempt.

It doesn't seem that Blue Cross/Blue Shield would be cap-exempt.

Thanks JoeF, so BCBS MN is not qualified to apply in cap-exempt even though it is a non profit organisation?

Thank you for your reply omshiv, I was just wondering if there is anything like business oriented non profit organisation and service oriented non profit organisation. I heard that business oriented non profit cannot file H1b(first time filing) without quota.is that true?

Actually, I think omshiv was wrong.

See my answer abut which non-profit organizations are eligible for cap-exempt filings.

Thanks JoeF, so BCBS MN is not qualified to apply in cap-exempt even though it is a non profit organisation?

As I said, non-profit alone is not enough, and has never been enough.

- They are not a university.

- They are not a non-profit research organization affiliated with a university.

- They are not a government research organization.

Ergo, they don't qualify for the H1 cap exemption.

Archived