Ds 160 selected No criminal record how to correct this.

santosh427

i filled my DS 160 form with no criminal record and  submitted it . I my self went to a  detention center when i got an arrest warrant for selling tobacco to a minor. I was hand cuffed and taken into the detention center and was taken all details and money for the bond and was then let go. I hired an attorney and the case was resolved . In the visa interview i was asked about this  incident and i accepted the truth , I was granted the visa but asked to be at the port of entry 2 hrs early than my flight departure.  I don't no what to do ? Is there a way i could correct the DS 160 form , I didn't know it is going to cause such a problem. Please help.. thanks

Hi Santhosh ,

"

i filled my DS 160 form with no criminal record and  submitted it . I hired an attorney and the case was resolved . In the visa interview i was asked about this  incident and i accepted the truth , I was granted the visa but asked to be at the port of entry 2 hrs early than my flight departure.  I don't no what to do ? Is there a way i could correct the DS 160 form , I didn't know it is going to cause such a problem. Please help.. thanks"

1)While filling the DS160 : we have quetsion like " Have u been arreted or convicted any where in the country  " ?  what did you answer to this .  YES or NO
2) U have been granted visa . Why r u worrying about the DS160 [ this is only for visa interview purposes and the immigration people will not check DS160 ] and wait untill they ask about the record ..if not i think u will be fine.
3) where did u attend the interview..?

Thanks

Hi Santhosh ,

"

i filled my DS 160 form with no criminal record and  submitted it . I hired an attorney and the case was resolved . In the visa interview i was asked about this  incident and i accepted the truth , I was granted the visa but asked to be at the port of entry 2 hrs early than my flight departure.  I don't no what to do ? Is there a way i could correct the DS 160 form , I didn't know it is going to cause such a problem. Please help.. thanks"

1)While filling the DS160 : we have quetsion like " Have u been arreted or convicted any where in the country  " ?  what did you answer to this .  YES or NO
2) U have been granted visa . Why r u worrying about the DS160 [ this is only for visa interview purposes and the immigration people will not check DS160 ] and wait untill they ask about the record ..if not i think u will be fine.
3) where did u attend the interview..?

Thanks

1) i answered No 

2)I Visa Officer mentioned to be at the POE 2 hrs early 

3)Calgary , Canada

i filled my DS 160 form with no criminal record and  submitted it . I my self went to a  detention center when i got an arrest warrant for selling tobacco to a minor. I was hand cuffed and taken into the detention center and was taken all details and money for the bond and was then let go. I hired an attorney and the case was resolved . In the visa interview i was asked about this  incident and i accepted the truth , I was granted the visa but asked to be at the port of entry 2 hrs early than my flight departure.  I don't no what to do ? Is there a way i could correct the DS 160 form , I didn't know it is going to cause such a problem. Please help.. thanks

Hi Santosh. I think we both are on the same boat. Same is the issue with me, only change is alchohol to minor.

My case was closed long back in 2008. I too mentioned No in DS160 form. Visa officer pointed out and asked me, I accepted the truth and said the case is cleared long back thats why I did not mention about it, also I said i took a class. At the end of my interview I asked is my visa approved, he said we need to verify couple of things. In my case PIMS not updated. But Visa officer gave me a paper to track passport through loomis

Now I see the status in CEAC website it says "administrative processing", For others who has the interview on the same day it is showing "issued". I am confused and worried. If anyone had similar experience please throw somelight and help us..!!

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Received the email yesterday night and Collected the passport today

Hey Santosh,

congrats on the visa. Was just wondering did the VO ask you about the incident eventhough you answered no on the ds-160 arrest question? did it pop-up during a background check?

• 2 weeks later...

Received the email yesterday night and Collected the passport today

Hey Santosh,

congrats on the visa. Was just wondering did the VO ask you about the incident eventhough you answered no on the ds-160 arrest question? did it pop-up during a background check?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hi all, i just answered NO to the ds160 arrest question. i had a dui BAC of 0.09 in 2009 and everything was settled. just wondering whether our fingerprints will show our criminal record ? does it just pop up ? and did santosh and justdoitdude cross the border to america with no problems ? any answers will b appreciated thanks

Archived