H1 B transfer process

Recommended Posts

Hi All,


I have a valid H1 B visa  ( Sponsored by current employer). I have travelled to US in H1 b for a period of 5 months and now returned back to India.  All my petiition and approval documents are with my current employer.


Now i would like to change my current employer in India. How do i transfer my H1B Visa. Can the transfer be done when i am in india? will my current employer cancel my Visa and what should i do to retain my H1 Visa.



Appreciate your suggestion and guidance on this.






Link to comment

A US employer may file a H1B petition for immediate employment of an individual who is outside the United States, assuming no cap issues. The individual may then utilize a valid H1B visa in their passport (even if it notes the name of the previous employer) and the approved H1B petition with the new employer to seek admission to the United States to work with the new employer.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.