H1B Stamping with DUI and Protected Custody.

nomad2011

Hi All,

Here is my timeline:

Nov2011: Arrested for DUI. Taken into CWOF. Dismissed. (I know CWOF is a conviction as far as immigration is concerned)

Dec2011: Taken into protective custody during a game. Picture taken and released. No breathalyzer, nothing at all. If I ask the cops, they say it would not even appear anywhere. I was not even drunk, came out of the rest room and they took me in.

My Situation:

I need to decide if I want to go to India or not. If I want to, I must go for stamping (wherein lies my fear of getting denied/stuck) . I am in two minds about going to India and was hoping if any of you could shed some light on this.

Do you think they have the grounds to deny me a stamp? My visa is approved till 2016. [Considering my Physicians Reports are ok]

How much time does it generally take if I would indeed be granted a stamp?

Thanks

Yes it did cost me and I am repenting on that. Finished all my dues and fines. Probation completed. It is just that I am a little worried about getting stuck. I did talk to my lawyer, he mentioned I should be ok. However, I don't know how this Physician's Exam system works and how much time it takes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived