RFP Question

anynemous

Hi, 
Currently I am working on H1B visa, got new offer and planning to join new company. I am planning to join after successful H1 transfer. 

Here my questions are, 
1) When my new employer starts my H1 B transfer (with normal processing) and if due to some reason that visa transfer is cancelled by USCIS, at that time does it impact to my current visa (at that time i will be still on current visa)? Can I still work on current visa with my cuurent employer? 

2)If I join new employer once i get the e-receipt and during the transfer process if I receive RFP, during that time can I still work with that new employer? or do I need to wait until my H1 transfer is approved? 

please respond to these complex questions. Thanks.

Here my questions are, 

1) When my new employer starts my H1 B transfer (with normal processing) and if due to some reason that visa transfer is cancelled by USCIS, at that time does it impact to my current visa (at that time i will be still on current visa)? Can I still work on current visa with my cuurent employer? 

2)If I join new employer once i get the e-receipt and during the transfer process if I receive RFP, during that time can I still work with that new employer? or do I need to wait until my H1 transfer is approved? 

please respond to these complex questions. Thanks.

1.if you are still working for your current employer, then you can continue working.

2.you can work during your H1 processing.

(1) In case your H1B transfer is rejected, as long as you do not quit your job with old employer upon filing of H1B transfer petition you are fine.

(2) Theoretically, you can start working for your new employer once you obtain a receipt for transfer. But, it is always advisable to get your H1B transfer approved before resigning from your current employer.

(1) In case your H1B transfer is rejected, as long as you do not quit your job with old employer upon filing of H1B transfer petition you are fine.

(2) Theoretically, you can start working for your new employer once you obtain a receipt for transfer. But, it is always advisable to get your H1B transfer approved before resigning from your current employer.

An individual is permitted to be the beneficiary of two H1B petitions simultaneously. If, after filing of a change of employer petition, the beneficiary of the change of employer petition intends to remain with their current employer, they may do so and maintain their status despite the filing and even approval of the change of employer petition, assuming that the petition with their current employer remains valid and approved. If an individual takes advantage of H1B portability and starts working for the new employer prior to the approval of the change of employer petition and receives an RFE, they may continue to work for the new employer who filed the change of employer petition. Each situation is individual in nature and it is advisable to seek the counsel of a qualified competent immigration attorney.

Archived