H1B 221g white slip - Chennai Consulate

ngohel

Hi,

I live in the US for last 5 1/2 years and I went for H1B stamping on 09 Jan 2013 at Chennai consulate.
(I have done my Masters in US,  worked on OPT and got H1B). I came in india for first time H1B stamping.

1/09/2013 - (H1B Interview at Chennai Consulate) VO asked for all original documents and issued me a 221g white slip with 'Petition will be returned to USCIS for further review'  after taking my 2 hrs of interview. They took my all the copy of my documents and gave my passport without approval or rejection.  As VO said USCIS will contact my employer and they will get back within 3 to 4 months. Exactly it's been 6 months from the date. I have not received any of the answer from them. 
My H1B visa is going to expire on 09/30/2013. Shall I apply for my new petition/renewal for the H1B ? Shall I transfer my employer ? How long it takes time? 

Please reply me.

Thanks.

Hi,

I live in the US for last 5 1/2 years and I went for H1B stamping on 09 Jan 2013 at Chennai consulate.

(I have done my Masters in US,  worked on OPT and got H1B). I came in india for first time H1B stamping.

1/09/2013 - (H1B Interview at Chennai Consulate) VO asked for all original documents and issued me a 221g white slip with 'Petition will be returned to USCIS for further review'  after taking my 2 hrs of interview. They took my all the copy of my documents and gave my passport without approval or rejection.  As VO said USCIS will contact my employer and they will get back within 3 to 4 months. Exactly it's been 6 months from the date. I have not received any of the answer from them. 

My H1B visa is going to expire on 09/30/2013. Shall I apply for my new petition/renewal for the H1B ? Shall I transfer my employer ? How long it takes time? 

Please reply me.

Thanks.

It may take several months or more than an year for administrative processing. It doesn't matter how long you have lived in US or of it is your 1st time stamping. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed. Ask your employer if VO has contacted them or not. If you still have the job with the same employer there won't be a problem. VO may call you and ask at some point of time if you still have the job or not, if you don't have a job at that time they may revoke your visa. So I would suggest you to keep a job or change to new employer who can offer you a job with client letter.

Hi,

Please reply me.

Thanks.

Hi Gohel

I am also in the same situation like u but i never travelled to USA. I got H1b stamping in 2008 but bcoz of mkt condition at that time i haven't travelled and evenutually my employer has revoked the petition.

This year in 2013, January i have again been to Chennai for H1b stamping, with a petition filed by a prime vendor for fortune 500 companies, based in california. After couple of rounds of interview for about 1.5 hrs by 2 different officers, Finally they have expressed a concern that they are ok with client and employment, But they have a concern to check how i have become the IT consultant with a management academic back ground.

A breif of my academic and profession background:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Graduate in Commerce (B.Com)

Post Graduate in Management (MBA (Finance))

Certified ERP consultant in financials from ORACLE Corp

Has been working as Oracle ERP Financials Functional consultant from 2004 JUly

Worked in MNC's like GE, Infy, Oracle...

After showing all these documentary evidence, they said that i have been offered a designation as "Systems Analyst" which is in contradictory as per them and which requires a computer degree.....(sounds silly for me)

Infact the field in which i am working (i am a business analyst on Oracle ERP) and the academic Degree (MBA Finance) is perfect match as far as i know... 

What so ever be it is, my case has been in pending for the last 6 months and nothing updated...

Could you please share the reason what they told for your 221 query?

Sudhakar

Archived