Need help for Notice Period on H1 B and Bond

banj

Hello All,

I need a urgent help.....I came to US with company A on L1 visa, in the joining document, they mention that I have to server 4 weeks of notice or pay 10 K $ as damage in case i am not service 4 weeks notice.

I am changing job after my visa transfered to H1 B last year....in my New Organization, I must have to join after 2 weeks and so I have given 2 weeks notice to my current employer....now my employer is forcing me to either give 4 weeks notice or 10000 $ amount...and they are also saying that if i do not do this, they will not officially release from my service

Please help on above if I am legally bound to pay this amount or what are options for me

Thanks

I am changing job after my visa transfered to H1 B last year....in my New Organization, I must have to join after 2 weeks and so I have given 2 weeks notice to my current employer....now my employer is forcing me to either give 4 weeks notice or 10000 $ amount...and they are also saying that if i do not do this, they will not officially release from my service

You can leave that job at anytime. All you have to do is to give a 4 week notice instead of 2 week.

BTW what's big deal if you have to 'work'(??) for two more weeks?

As far as my knowledge is considered, their is nothing called official release.

Hello All,

I need a urgent help.....I came to US with company A on L1 visa, in the joining document, they mention that I have to server 4 weeks of notice or pay 10 K $ as damage in case i am not service 4 weeks notice.

Please help on above if I am legally bound to pay this amount or what are options for me

Thanks

Ideally you should have given a 4 weeks notice. Talk to ur new employer & see if u can begin 2 weeks later. I know a lot of employers do have contracts,but to my knowledge US doesnt have a anything as contract -which is considered legal. You need to maintain gud relations with ur old employer coz u will need a reference letter n employment letter frm them. 

I am also in the similar situation. Could you please clarify. I have an agreement with my current employer to server 4 weeks notice period, but at the same time it says it is an at-will employement. Is it conflicting? And also it doesn't say if the employer also will server 4 weeks to employee incase of termination. Is it one sided? I am planning to give 2 weeks notice. please help if this kind of contract is enforceable. Will I face any legal consequence.

Archived