Family Based Immigration for Sibling


Recommended Posts

My brother has become US Citizen recently and is  planning to file for my GC under the F4 Category. I know it takes a min of 12 years to be approved, but wanted to file as a back up.


As I look for all the forms that are need to file in this category, I understand that its just I-130 for now. But I wanted to make sure if there is a list of forms and supported documents that are required for F4 Category filing.


Kindly help with all the documents required and the procedure to be followed.


FYI I am currently on H1 and have my I-140 approved under EB2 Category.


Also, Would it be faster if my brother files for my Parents first (given it would take around 1 Year for them to be LPR) and have them file for me under F2 as I am not married? Or F3 if I get married during the process?( I am over 21)


Please advice!

Link to comment

Here are the list of documents required that I have researched so far. Please let me know if this is wrong or if the order needs to be changed




  1. Form I-130
  2. Form I-864 [Do we have to submit this? I am on H1B as of now and have been working for the past 4 years. Do we have to submit Form I-864W instead?]
  3. Form I-765


Supporting documents for the above


  Supporting documents for Form I-130

  1. Form G-325A - Biographic Information (Sponsor; In my case, My Brother)
  2. Form G-325A - Biographic Information (Beneficiary; ME)
  3. Copy of Naturalization (Sponsor)
  4. Copy of US Passort (Sponsor)
  5. Copy of Birth Certificates (Sponsor & Beneficiary)  [Question: My mother's name is not present on my brother's birth certificate, but its present on my Borhters Indian Passport, which is no longer valid though, and also on his Indian OCI Card. Would OCI suffice??]
  6. Passport Size Photo (Sponsor and Beneficiary)
  7. Personal Check for filing fee (Sponsor)
  8. Joint Checking Account (Sponsor and Beneficiary)  [is this required??; considering me being in the US] 

  Supporting documents for Form I-864 (if required)


  1. Employer Letter (Sponsor)
  2. IRS Tax Returns and Transcripts of tax years 2012,2011 and 2010 (Sponsor)
  3. Copies of W-2, 1099 Forms for the tax years 2012, 2011 and 2010 (Sponsor)
  4. Employer Letter (Beneficiary)
  5. IRS Tax Returns and Transcripts of tax years 2012,2011 and 2010 (Beneficiary)
  6. Copies of W-2, 1099 Forms for the tax years 2012, 2011 and 2010 (Beneficiary)
  7. Personal Check for filing fees (Sponsor, if any)

Supporting documents for Form I-765


  1. Copy if previous employment authorization (Beneficiary; OPT(EAD) in my case as I was on F1 initially)
  2. Copy of passport page with photo, date of birth, and page with current H1B Visa (Beneficiary)
  3. Copy of Form I-94 (Beneficiary)
  4. Copy of Birth Certificate (Beneficiary)
  5. Two Passport size photographs (Beneficiary)


STEP II: After I-130 Apporval and if Visa date is current


1. Form I-485


Supporting documents for Form I-485

  1. Form G-325A- Biographic Information (Beneficiary)
  2. Copy of Birth Certificats (Sponsor and Beneficiary)
  3. Copy of passport page with curren H1-B Visa (Beneficiary)
  4. Two passport size photographs (Beneficiary)
  5. Personal Check for filing fees (Sponsor)
  6. Sealed Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record


Please advise if the above is correct. Thank you!!

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.