H1 B Case status from USICS website

jalsa24

I did masters in USA and transfered from F1 to H1B visa on Oct 2012. I was on a EVC model until May 2013 and my H1 B validity was until 2014.

In the Month of May 2013 ..I took a full time oppurtunity and they transfered my H1 B and my H1 B was approved untill 2016 .

I am going to stamping now and was randomly checing the USCiS website regarding some information on PIMS .My hands went just like that to the case status coloumn  and i entered my receipt number and found that my status  is again in Acceptance State ..."On June 17, 2013, a change was made to your receipt notice for the filing of your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER." . I can give guarantee that there were no changes to my address or client information as its just one month that i started my job[ I checked even with my current full time company] . My previous employer is working on my old H1 B termination [ anyways both receipts number are different and my old one is in Approved stage only ] Both the H1's are primier processing .

My lawyer was telling me that do not worry as we have the approved physical copy in the hand and they do not update the site properly . Does any one have this situation ,once approved and the documents are in hand no one ever bothers about the case status again .Not sure why i got that thought to check again .

Please leave your thoughts .

Thanks

I did masters in USA and transfered from F1 to H1B visa on Oct 2012. I was on a EVC model until May 2013 and my H1 B validity was until 2014.

In the Month of May 2013 ..I took a full time oppurtunity and they transfered my H1 B and my H1 B was approved untill 2016 .

I am going to stamping now and was randomly checing the USCiS website regarding some information on PIMS .My hands went just like that to the case status coloumn  and i entered my receipt number and found that my status  is again in Acceptance State ..."On June 17, 2013, a change was made to your receipt notice for the filing of your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER." . I can give guarantee that there were no changes to my address or client information as its just one month that i started my job[ I checked even with my current full time company] . My previous employer is working on my old H1 B termination [ anyways both receipts number are different and my old one is in Approved stage only ] Both the H1's are primier processing .

My lawyer was telling me that do not worry as we have the approved physical copy in the hand and they do not update the site properly . Does any one have this situation ,once approved and the documents are in hand no one ever bothers about the case status again .Not sure why i got that thought to check again .

Please leave your thoughts .

Thanks

When your employer has some asset purchases like acquiring some other companies or your company is acquired or merging with other company Employer sends an update on al earlier cases. This is just one example and your case might fall under this or might not. Over all nothing to worry much on this.  

The latest update in the USCIS website is  :

On June 27, 2013, we rejected the fee payment you submitted for this I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, because the bank returned the check due to insufficient funds. You will receive a deficiency notice in the mail which explains the steps you must take to correct the deficiency. If you do not receive this notice within 30 days from June 27, 2013, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance

I wonder that the USCIS will deduct the H1B money before taking the decision only ...Not after one month of its approivng  and sending the approvd i797 to us  

The latest update in the USCIS website is  :

On June 27, 2013, we rejected the fee payment you submitted for this I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, because the bank returned the check due to insufficient funds. You will receive a deficiency notice in the mail which explains the steps you must take to correct the deficiency. If you do not receive this notice within 30 days from June 27, 2013, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance

I wonder that the USCIS will deduct the H1B money before taking the decision only ...Not after one month of its approivng  and sending the approvd i797 to us  

Are you sure that you have entered correct receipt number.

How can this be possible when you H1 has been already approved, your H1 won't be approved if that check is not deposited.

Hi Rahul ,

I am sure my receipt number is correct , because not only me even my HR team is also looking into this but at a slow pace because it doesnt make sense to any one .

Either it may be a USCIS website problem or may be some other ones case where some number is typed wrong or it really belongs to my only case [ the chances for my side or very les as we got the physical approved i797 form to hand and no changes from me or my company side in any matter ] .

Hi Rahul ,

I am sure my receipt number is correct , because not only me even my HR team is also looking into this but at a slow pace because it doesnt make sense to any one .

Either it may be a USCIS website problem or may be some other ones case where some number is typed wrong or it really belongs to my only case [ the chances for my side or very les as we got the physical approved i797 form to hand and no changes from me or my company side in any matter ] .

Can you call them and check once.

You are good to go man. Just forget about it.

Hi sthmago ,

If i call them ..USCIS  do not respond to me anything unless if u have are a attorney or petitioner. If i tell my lawyer personally..they are like do not bother untill we have physical copy you are good to go [ for attorneys its one case in a hundreads they take care but for me my case is very hig priority ] .

So i spoke to my company HR ..they told me Keep an Eye and we will follow up on it . Anyways my visa interview is on Sep 9th so taking it slowly with the company peeple .I told them to call even  but everyone things " why bothering when u have a approvedrecipt in Hand " . Will update if i have nay furtehr info .

Thanks for ur replys guys

Hi sthmago ,

If i call them ..USCIS  do not respond to me anything unless if u have are a attorney or petitioner. If i tell my lawyer personally..they are like do not bother untill we have physical copy you are good to go [ for attorneys its one case in a hundreads they take care but for me my case is very hig priority ] .

So i spoke to my company HR ..they told me Keep an Eye and we will follow up on it . Anyways my visa interview is on Sep 9th so taking it slowly with the company peeple .I told them to call even  but everyone things " why bothering when u have a approvedrecipt in Hand " . Will update if i have nay furtehr info .

Thanks for ur replys guys

Yes as everybody in the forum and your HR people suggested be kool and proceed for further process for stamping.

Archived