Work experience with Client

My job requirement is 2 years masters and 3 years of experience. I have a masters from a reputed US university. I have worked as a contractor for the client (VISA was with different employer) for 3 years before joining as full time at the client's office (Client sponsored my VISA).

Does my 3 years of contracting experience at the client will be counted when applying Green Card? I am assuming yes since my pay stubs and W2 for those 3 years are coming from a different employer.

Please advise. Your help is highly appreciated. 

My job requirement is 2 years masters and 3 years of experience. I have a masters from a reputed US university. I have worked as a contractor for the client (VISA was with different employer) for 3 years before joining as full time at the client's office (Client sponsored my VISA).

Does my 3 years of contracting experience at the client will be counted when applying Green Card? I am assuming yes since my pay stubs and W2 for those 3 years are coming from a different employer.

Please advise. Your help is highly appreciated.

Technically per USDOL rules, if employer FEIN numbers are different, then you can use your experience.

This is a gray area and your employer should consult an experienced immigration attoney.

Archived