Travel outside US and return after end of contract (with current H1-B Stamp)

kpaxx

Hi All.

I am currently in the US with a valid H1-B stamp. I have my H1-B visa stamped until June 2014.

The contract for the project that I'm working on will come to an end at the end of July 2013.

I am planning to travel back to India for a vacation, for a month or two, after my current project ends.

My employer will remain the same, however I plan to take a break and search for my next project from India and return after my vacation to the new project.

Will this cause any issues at the POE?

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

There wont be any issues as long as you have the Client letter, LCA and other docs in hand at the POE in case they ask.

Thanks for the reply omshiv.

I will have a copy of the LCA on which the H1-B was petitioned; but I will not have a client letter as I will travel after my current contract ends.

I should have all the other documents, other than the client letter.

Would that be an issue?

Thanks for your response, again.

You need to have employment letter from your H1 sponsor, not from the client.

Thanks for your response, rahul412.

i just want to clarify this, by employment letter, do you mean the offer letter that was given to me when I joined my employer? Or, does the employment letter need to mention something else? I'm sorry if this sounds like a noob question, but your response will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Thanks for your response, rahul412.

i just want to clarify this, by employment letter, do you mean the offer letter that was given to me when I joined my employer? Or, does the employment letter need to mention something else? I'm sorry if this sounds like a noob question, but your response will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Employment letter = offer letter.

Archived