L1 to H1 Questions

ShriRadhey

Below are my some queries regarding the H1b visa.
Please provide your valuable inputs. 

Current Scenario:

As my L1 B current visa is getting expired on Sept-05-2013 and I94 is also till  Sept-05-2013.
My H1 B visa) is picked up in lottery and we got RFE and  already replied.

I hope we will get the H1 B visa which will be effective from Oct-1-2013.
As there will be the Gape of 23 days that I will be on illegal status from Sep-6-2013 to Sep-30-2013.
Below are my some questionnaires regarding this gape to avoid go for stamping to India.

• If I will apply for my L1 B extension.
                 My current employer will file the L1B extension 30 days before of expiry .
                 I hope it will take 2 months result to come.So that I can stay in USA till Sept-30-2013 I am expecting my decision for extension will be pending.
                 After Sept-30-2013 I will be on H1 B status and will tell my current employer to cancel the L1B extension application.

1. Does L1 B extension pending decision state cancel my H1 B petition or  L1 B extension approve or denied decision state cancel my H1 B petition.
  2. Should we need to apply COS again to make H1 B visa effective  after Sep-30-2013 if my L1 B extension decision will be in Pending state or RFE state.
  3. Should we need to apply COS again to make H1 B visa effective  after Sep-30-2013 if my L1 B extension decision will be in Approve or denied .
  • If I will not go for L1b Extension

In this case I have to leave USA for 25 days

Questions:

1. Can I go Canada for Stamping (mine is fresh H1B visa not COS and stamping chances are high in Canada)?
  2. is there any grace period for H1b visa for example can I enter USA 10 days before Oct-1-2013?
  3. Can I show medical emergency and stay in USA from Sep-5-2013 to Sep-30-2013?

I really appreciate your immediate response and your help.

Archived