Received H1b receipt (2014 H1b), can i travel to a different country on my existing H4 Visa

H42H1Bnewbie

Hi All,

I am really confused about travelling during H1b processing period. My scenario is is as follows: A company has applied H1 b for me, i am on H4 currently. Luckily i got my H1b receipt and i wish to travel out of country and return back before October 1st. I have been advised not to travel, is it correct? Can you suggest on this situation.

Thanks a lot for help

Regards

H42H1bnewbie

I do not see an issue with you traveling on H4 while your H1B is still in process, but not sure what the situation may be if it gets approved while you are out of US. Not sure if your H1B was applied as COS from H4 or not. Coz if COS is approved while you are still out of US you should ideally enter US on a valid H1 stamp.

Hi All,

I am really confused about travelling during H1b processing period. My scenario is is as follows: A company has applied H1 b for me, i am on H4 currently. Luckily i got my H1b receipt and i wish to travel out of country and return back before October 1st. I have been advised not to travel, is it correct? Can you suggest on this situation.

Thanks a lot for help

Regards

H42H1bnewbie

Yes, its always better not to travel till a decision has been made.

Archived