485 filing window when priority date becomes current next month

murthybabu

If my PD is current in July 2013 bulletin and is not current in June 2013 bulletin, can I file my 485 as soon as July bulletin came out, i.e around 6/8/2013? Or do I have to wait till 6/31/2013 to file my 485 application via overnight mail so it reaches them on 7/1/2013 morning?

Thanks.

As soon as PD becomes current, start creating your package. Make sure lawyer mails it out on June 30 by Fedex One Day.

The reason I mention this is: depending on how dates move, you always have to be prepared for the risk that dates might retrogress on July 10th when the next VB is released and your PD might become ineiligible. So, you want the USCIS to receive your package on the 1st of july. It takes a few days for them to record your data, send out receipt notices, etc. and you want to make sure you are in the system before the 10th.

After that, even if dates retrogress, you can at least get EAD and AP.

As soon as PD becomes current, start creating your package. Make sure lawyer mails it out on June 30 by Fedex One Day.

The reason I mention this is: depending on how dates move, you always have to be prepared for the risk that dates might retrogress on July 10th when the next VB is released and your PD might become ineiligible. So, you want the USCIS to receive your package on the 1st of july. It takes a few days for them to record your data, send out receipt notices, etc. and you want to make sure you are in the system before the 10th.

After that, even if dates retrogress, you can at least get EAD and AP.

Based on my research, you can still file during the entire month when PD is current, even if the bulletin released on the 10th of the month shows PD is unavailable next month. Can someone please confirm this?

Based on my research, you can still file during the entire month when PD is current, even if the bulletin released on the 10th of the month shows PD is unavailable next month. Can someone please confirm this?

Yes, of course. The VB is valid for the whole month. It is released during the prior month. A VB for July may be released around the 10th of June, but it is valid from July 1 to July 31.

Archived