How retrogression works

muddyreality

My EB3 ROW dates became current with this visa bulletin. From what I understand I should be able to file for my I485 on 1st of July, but I will be outside the country due to family emergency. I am returning back on 10th and planning to file I485 then.

What happens if the August visa bulletin comes out and if the PD for EB3 ROW has retrogressed and my PD is not current. Can I still apply in July as my PD was current in July bulletin or I cannot because the dates retrogressed in August bulletin

Since PD is current for the month of July, you are fine as long your application reaches them before July 31st, even if Aug bulletin retrogresses. Remember the July 07 fiasco? To retrograde the dates for an already published month, they issued a revised bulletin for July 07, for which the lawyers sued USCIS for changing an existing bulletin instead of retrogressing in August bulletin.

My EB3 ROW dates became current with this visa bulletin. From what I understand I should be able to file for my I485 on 1st of July, but I will be outside the country due to family emergency. I am returning back on 10th and planning to file I485 then.

What happens if the August visa bulletin comes out and if the PD for EB3 ROW has retrogressed and my PD is not current. Can I still apply in July as my PD was current in July bulletin or I cannot because the dates retrogressed in August bulletin

like others have said, you could file till end of august.

But please do not discount the prep time needed (medicals, gathering of documents and sending to attorney, attorney asking for more info as needed).

Archived