221g white slip - Hyderabad consulate

I have attended my first f1 visa interview yesterday and it went only for 2mins.

The last question I was asked was

Why this university?

I have replied it has a very good reputation and it offers the research program of Nano Technology which I am interested in.

What after the research?

I had an offer from a private company and the company gave me some time to complete my masters and join after completion of degree. (I have the offer letter but I am not asked to show it)

After this the VO said "Your visa is OK, but we need to check somethings" took my passport, I20 and issued 221g white slip.

As the VO said your visa is OK does that mean I got better chance in getting visa? I know I need to wait till I get my passport but I am a bit tensed. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I have attended my first f1 visa interview yesterday and it went only for 2mins.

The last question I was asked was

Why this university?

I have replied it has a very good reputation and it offers the research program of Nano Technology which I am interested in.

What after the research?

I had an offer from a private company and the company gave me some time to complete my masters and join after completion of degree. (I have the offer letter but I am not asked to show it)

After this the VO said "Your visa is OK, but we need to check somethings" took my passport, I20 and issued 221g white slip.

As the VO said your visa is OK does that mean I got better chance in getting visa? I know I need to wait till I get my passport but I am a bit tensed. Thank you.

Hi Sridevar1234,

I am also in the same situation, 

F1 visa : PhD student.

OFC: 20th May

Interview: 21st May

Questionnaire submitted on : 23rd May

VO took the passport and I20 and issued me a 221g white slip.

The last update on my case on June 11th, till today it shows administrative process.

Can please let me know, if you received the passport or not? if you received it back in how much time did you receive it. 

Thanks 

No. I haven't recieved my passport yet. The last update on my case on June 6th, till today it shows administrative process. How about to yours?

After june 11th 2013 I had an update today, but it still shows administrative process. 

Did they asked you for any further documents or did you mail anyone regarding the status.

Archived