Qualification for EB2 (MS+2 or MS+3 recommended) ?

Hi,

First of, let me thank the community for being so helpful in answering questions. I would appreciate if someone with experience could shed some light on my dilemma here :)

My employer is about to start the GC process, and from the little that I know, the requirement is as such:

Bachelors with 5 yrs experience OR Masters with 3 yrs experience.

Here is my profile:

- I have a MS degree, after which i worked at Company A for 2.7 years, before joining my current company (the one that is sponsoring)

- During my MS degree I had internship experience of about 2.5 months (full time 40 hrs) and 8 months (part-time 20 hrs).

Note: The internship experience was not counted as part of the curriculum requirements, but it is mentioned on the official transcript as 3 credits (I have no idea why), but not awarding any GPA for it.

The lawyer says that I might need to get a letter from the university stating that it does not count, but that seems like a very hairy process right now. I am 100% sure that the internship was not counted towards course completion.

My questions are:

1. Will my internship experience during MS be counted to meet the 3 year criteria ? Does it mean 3 years after MS, or 3 years in total, before joining this employer ?

2. Will I qualify for EB-2

Is there a need to request my employer to consider changing it to MS+2 yrs exp. instead ?

Thank You.

You cannot count part time work experience for PERM period.

Only Full Time experience after obtaining your Bachelors or Masters Degree can be used for PERM. So if requirements are set as MS + 3 and if you have less than 3 years of experience, your PERM can't be processed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived