Successful H1B transfer on a EVVC model, after a revocation

kumar.kv

Guys, I have got some good news to share.

I was working for a top US consulting company, but was terminated on 3/29/13. By law, employers are supposed to revoke petitions of terminated employees immediately and my company did exactly that. On 4/12/13, I checked my petition status on USCIS site, and it read 'revoked'.

I had a valid visa stamp until Jan 2015, so I did not leave USA immediately. I finally got a new job and they filed my transfer petition on premium processing on 5/3/2013. But I was really worried about 3 things:

1) The transfer petition was filed after my previous petition was already revoked.

2) The new job was on a EVVC model. Though my employer said all the required contract documents are submitted, including a client letter that clearly states a valid employer-employee relationship, I was still worried.

3) The most recent pay slip I had was more than a month old.

Having read all those negative comments about the chances of cases like these , I was preparing myself for an RFE/Denial.

But on 5/8/13 (just the 4th business day) my petition was approved without an RFE :))

Feel free to ask any questions u have at keerthikumardotvratgmaildotcom

I was working for a top US consulting company, but was terminated on 3/29/13. By law, employers are supposed to revoke petitions of terminated employees immediately and my company did exactly that. On 4/12/13, I checked my petition status on USCIS site, and it read 'revoked'.

I had a valid visa stamp until Jan 2015, so I did not leave USA immediately. I finally got a new job and they filed my transfer petition on premium processing on 5/3/2013. But I was really worried about 3 things:

So what was your status from 3/30 to 5/3??

• 8 months later...

Archived