Urgent: H1 cap-gap approval delayed


Recommended Posts


My OPT expires on June 3. My company had timely applied for H1b and it looks like it got approved. The online status check for H1b shows "Decision Stage: Petition was approved"

I had already received an I20 from my school with STEM extension approval. But after H1b, I also asked them to get CAP GAP approved on my I20. I have not yet filed for STEM extension with USCIS.

To get cap-gap, my DSO had to cancel the I20 with STEM extension and file a ticket with USCIS for my sevis record to show H1b approved. Then she can get a new I20 with cap-gap approved for me. She did that 2 weeks ago.

So, my question is, what can I do in this case to expedite the process of getting the ticket resolved quickly and get the cap-gap approved I20?

My company requires documents for I9 reverification on June 3. If I do not get my cap-gap opt by then, what are my options?


Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.