RFE for H1B transfer Premium Processing

Sambit

Hi,

My attorney has filed my H1B transfer last week. When I checked the status of the file number in USCIS site, it says Request for Evidence.

I have couple of questions.

a) Is it common to get RFE for H1 Transfer ?

b) My attorney says they have not received any RFE till today, USCIS site says they have sent the RFE from May 2nd. How RFE is communicated to attorney for a PP ? Fax or USPS or email ?

c) Is USCIS site always correct in showing file status ?

Thanks

Sambit

b) My attorney says they have not received any RFE till today, USCIS site says they have sent the RFE from May 2nd. How RFE is communicated to attorney for a PP ? Fax or USPS or email ?

a. Its not common, but not a big deal

b.Relax, attorney will take care of it

c. Most of the time.

That's why most of the people suggest, do not join new employer before the transfer is approved.

Thanks for the reply.

Status now has been changed to INITIAL REVIEW WITH message: "On May 6, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER". Any idea what the message means & what it means when status changed from RFE to INITIAL REVIEW?

A)it is common if your employer has not submitted all the required docs

A) RFE for PP is communicated firstly by EMAIl and then a hard copy is sent to the address provided on your file

A) USCIS site may/ may not be always correct in showing file status depening on the time, the statuses vary from time to time on few cases

"when status changed from RFE to INITIAL REVIEW" ??

When a RFE is issued under PP then the 15 day clock is STOPPED untill the RFE related docs are submitted to them, in the mean time the status is changed to INITIAL REVIEW WITH message: "On May XX, XXXX, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I requested for H1B transfer  and joined the new company on receipt number. However later I received RFE and RFE was not cleared as result my status has become invalid. The new company is asking me to go back and they will call me back again in a month.   Out of below 3 scenarios which is a valid one

I have loosed my H1B completely. I have to apply it fresh next year and it will again go all the process of lottery.

My H1B visa is valid but I need  to apply again under CAP exemptions

My visa is very much valid and I can go back to home country and return back without any issues as my new employer is saying.

Archived