visitor visa for parents and younger sister

muthunagu100

Hi,

I am direct-employed (not a contract) in a US based financial company in new york. I am in H1B visa for the last 5 years and my PERM (labor) process is in progress.

I want to apply visitor visas for my parents and my younger sister and bring them to US this summer for a couple of months. My parents both worked and retired. My sister finished her studies in May2012 and has just started working for the last two weeks. She has her offer letter and would receive her first pay-stub in a couple of weeks. We have our house and a land in our native city in India and some bank transactions (like FD, some jewel loan etc.,)

My parents and sister has just received their Indian passport one month ago. All these years, I couldn't bring them because my sister was studying. With this situation, would there be any problem in getting visitor visa for my parents and sister. And, I dont have a family here, I am single.

Your thoughts would be very helpful.

Guest Noah Lotte

Your parents may qualify; your sister, no. Two weeks on the job and she has 2 months vacation already? I don't think so....and neither will the VO...she has nothing to lose by abandoning this job with so little time on it...all those other things that your parents have don't transfer to your sister...she stands alone as an adult (with 2 whole weeks on the job)....no real job doles out two months of vacation after just a few minutes behind a desk.

Your sister has a poor chance as no company is likely to give her leave for months just after she began working.

Being retired, as long as they have sufficient funds and social ties to their home community have a good chance of getting their visas - especially if your sister remains at home.

They can all apply together, but their will be judged as individuals.

so, aren't there any real chance for us to prove that my parents and sister just want to visit for 6 weeks and have no intention to stay longer here? And truly they dont have any intention to overstay. Could you please suggest some ways to prove that, from your experience?

For my sister's scenario, what other kind of asset/ situation will help her prove her strong tie with home country?

Guest Noah Lotte

remind us all again, chakrakr....how much time have you spent interviewing visa applicants? (zero, is my guess).

No legitimate job or company awards 6-8 weeks vacation to an employee whose chair isn't even warm yet. The sister has NOTHING to lose by abandoning her job and making a frantic search for a husband in the US....statistically, that is the most likely scenario for young, single, barely employed women. Nothing that chakrakr can say or do will change that simple fact of life. Nothing.

The parents may qualify; the sister, no. What VO in their right mind would be able to justify an issuance to her? Sorry, but saying that the issuance had the blessing of chakrakr will not be sufficient.

Guest Noah Lotte

As for some silly letter from the company, who would believe such a letter? And this letter, even if written, does NOT say anything meaningful about the sister's intentions....in real life, on planet earth, no company is giving vacation time of 4-8 weeks to an employee who was just hired, no matter what some letter says. Anyone can write such a letter....it has no value whatsoever, and, even worse, the very notion of this amazing situation of a new employee being granted so much time off makes absolutely no sense; thus, an experienced VO will look at such a letter with a very skeptical eye, and more likely believe somebody is trying to game the system.

A two week old job is NOT a strong tie to one's country.....period.

Thanks everyone for your inputs and thanks "chakrakr" for your links .. this help to keep my hope alive..

and on your suggestion to go to attorney.. would consultation alone be fine or do you guys suggest me to take the visa appearance case/ documents completely guided by the attorney.. would the former suffice or should i consider the latter?

remind us all again, chakrakr....how much time have you spent interviewing visa applicants? (zero, is my guess).

No legitimate job or company awards 6-8 weeks vacation to an employee whose chair isn't even warm yet. The sister has NOTHING to lose by abandoning her job and making a frantic search for a husband in the US....statistically, that is the most likely scenario for young, single, barely employed women. Nothing that chakrakr can say or do will change that simple fact of life. Nothing.

The parents may qualify; the sister, no. What VO in their right mind would be able to justify an issuance to her? Sorry, but saying that the issuance had the blessing of chakrakr will not be sufficient.

Hello feedback, oops! I called you by your old handle :)

Based on your old posts, I must have known that you have problem comprehending simple English. My apologies . I will try to explain once more. If you still do not get it, let me know your mother tongue and I will try to translate :)

YOU and your Cohorts (like t75) have earlier posted such extreme negative comments (see http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/54769-visitor-visa-for-sister/). However, your wish was not fulfilled. In that case, OP's sister was ISSUED a Visa (http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/55730-vistor-visa-for-young-sister/page__fromsearch__1)

It is IMMATERIAL how much time you or I have spent interviewing Visa applicants . As we have seen, a VO whose experience is DEFINITELY NOT ZERO issued Visa to a young unmarried lady .. surprise ! surprise !! Alas! He did not care about guidance and theories published by Noah Lotte . Too bad :)

And it is NOT an isolated case -- right in this forum you will find more such cases . Now , it is your turn to go and Educated All those Visa Officers who according to you is NOT in their "right mind".

Guest Noah Lotte

An attorney cannot materially or positively affect the outcome of your sister's interview...anything written by an attorney is just blather....trying to convince a VO that this young, single, barely employed woman is so infatuated with her new job that she has to take 6-8 weeks off of it, or that she is such a cornerstone of said company that, gosh, how did they ever survive without her, so to reward her they are giving her 6-8 weeks of vacation, is nothing short of laughable.

In general, as far as B2 visas are concerned, involvement by an attorney will generally make the case appear worse rather than better (indicates desperation on the part of the applicant and/or their relatives to get said person to the US as quickly as possible).

VOs are NOT required to consider the opinion of an attorney during a B2 interview...an attorney cannot control the actions of their client once in the US, and will often find numerous ways to help them stay put, while attempting to soothe the VOs with some story about her 'intentions at the time of her interview were to return, but gee whiz, she amazingly fell in love while picking up her suitcase...we assure you she had no plans to rush out the door and find a husband,,,"...sure.

OP, If the visa system had not been abused by citizens of certain countries - India included as it has one of the highest number if illegally present individuals who have overstayed that authorized - obtaining visas by others who have no intention of violating US laws would be easier. They continue to do so at an alarming rate; if you do not believe it just read this forum.

If your sister does not receive a visa, blame them and not the US officials who have the duty to limit entry to the US to people who are unlikely to violate US laws.

While your sister may be legitmately able to get a vacation from her employer, previous experience shows that she is either looking for a job or a husband in order to remain in the US rather than return to India at the end of her so called vacation.

making a frantic search for a husband in the US....statistically, that is the most likely scenario for young, single, barely employed women.

Can you share the source of your statistics ? I will not be surprised if this "statistics" is also something you manufactured in your backyard but just in case .....

OP, If the visa system had not been abused by citizens of certain countries - India included as it has one of the highest number if illegally present individuals who have overstayed that authorized - obtaining visas by others who have no intention of violating US laws would be easier. They continue to do so at an alarming rate; if you do not believe it just read this forum.

That's why, just deport all the illegals.

No need of reforms if govt can implement this. Reforms are waste of time.

Most USCs want illegally present people deported. We want people willing to obey US laws. We have enough home grown criminals to worry about without importing more. I cannot fathom why our immigration officials are willing to "forgive" thieves (shoplifters) and life threatening behavior (DUI/DWI) and grant them visas and allow entry and continued stay. There are so many people who would never participate in this type of behavior who want to come and are excluded by numerical quotas. I welcome law abiding visitors and guest workers; others I would prefer to stay in or be sent back to their home countries.

Archived