My OPT ends on June 14th and i didn't receive my H1b receipt

Hi ,

I am going to complete my OPT (Extension) on June 14th and i applied for H1b as regular but i didn't even receive my H1b receipt .so if i don't get my receipt till june 14th 2013 then what is my status after june 14th ?

I need to leave the country or do i have the 60 days grace period to look for a university to do the Masters again.

Please help me

Regards

Rahul

I need to leave the country or do i have the 60 days grace period to look for a university to do the Masters again.

Check with your attorney to see whether your petition was selected or not.

You will have 60days grace period. Remember, if you really want to do second master's then go for it.

To understand your query correctlly, you are under the STEM extension (17months after first 12 months of regular OPT) which is expiring in June 2013

You have the 60 day grace period to leave the country

If you are considering masters in other universities and want to remain in USA during your buffer period, I believe you would be applying for Fall 2013 semester. Please note that the admissions for most universites in professional or STEM degrees would be over by now. If you can find a way in your university to register for a masters, that would be your best bet.

Archived