Non Availability of birth certificate

I've filed for green card for my father who is now 70 years old. We received an RFE for non availability of certificate. Unfortunately I'm unable to get this ceritificate from India. Is it ok to submit the document obtained from the USCIS? Are there other options available?

If you read the instructions for I-130 you may want to get affidavits from elders about the matter. I think you should have a Lawyer give you more suggestions. Basically non availability certificate and baksheesh may be needed to get this along with school certs, Ration Card if it mentions the DOB and so on. Just overload them with as many documents as possible about the DOB.

• 7 months later...

I am trying to get the birth certificate from Mumbai municipality for applying GC , Unfortunately the authorities in Mumbai say

they wont check the records of 1943 which is not feasible. They also say they cant issue a Non Availability certificate as their audit will object , They dont cooperate on either route , What is the alternative . to get this. I have my passportand also school leaving certificate clearly indicating my DOB. Is there any possibility of getting affidavit and notarise the declaration 

I am trying to get the birth certificate from Mumbai municipality for applying GC , Unfortunately the authorities in Mumbai say

they wont check the records of 1943 which is not feasible. They also say they cant issue a Non Availability certificate as their audit will object , They dont cooperate on either route , What is the alternative . to get this. I have my passportand also school leaving certificate clearly indicating my DOB. Is there any possibility of getting affidavit and notarise the declaration 

Get the help of a competent attorney in India. They know how to deal with these government authorities.

Unfortunately the authorities in Mumbai say

they wont check the records of 1943 which is not feasible. They also say they cant issue a Non Availability certificate as their audit will object , They dont cooperate on either route , What is the alternative .

seriously? you don't know how to interpret their 'unwillingness' to help you?

if you are indeed born in 1943, your birth was not required to be registered at that time(until 1969)..they dont have to search any records..just isssue a NABC..and your school records and affidavits from your elder relatives will do.

Archived