Visa approved May 1st Vancouver

justunme0805

The experiences posted here were very helpful. Thank you all those who have shared their experiences so far as they come handy to people who are planning for their stamping in Vancouver. I would be glad to share mine too.

My interview was at 9:30 AM and i reached the consulate by 8:15. They usually send you in by 8:30 AM.

At the first security point they check for prohibited items. You would't be allowed to carry any sealed envelopes. You would be asked to stand in line after the initial security check. Later you would be asked to go upstairs for a security check similar to the one that happens at the airport after which you would head next to get a token number. You need to wait till your number gets called to go for a fingerprint. After your fingerprint you have to wait till your number gets displayed on the screen. Then you would have to go to the 20th floor where you would be interviewed. I was asked the following questions

I was interviewed at counter 5(male).

1. How long have you been with your employer (2 years 2 months)

2. Do you have a client. (Yes)

3. How long have you been with the client.(2 years 2 months)

4. So were you with them for the same amount of time( Yes)

5. Who is your client( XXX)

6. Where is it located (YYY)

7. Show me your LCA and client lettter (He was looking to see if the LCA address matched with the client location address)

8. Where did you go for your masters?

9. What was your major?

10. Congrats. You will get your passport within 2-3 days

2 others got their visas approved at the same time. One was interviewed at the same counter and the other person was interviewed by a lady at counter 4. Questions were pretty straight forward for them too.

All the best for future aspirants in Vancouver.

Congratulations Justunme0805!.

tinkuR: The reason for Asking LCA is to verify the Work Location. if you have a different Work location than the Current Client better to get a New LCA. to be on safe side keep atleast 3+ Pay stubs. i read in some posts asking for 1+ year pay stubs.

Congratulations Justunme0805!.

tinkuR: The reason for Asking LCA is to verify the Work Location. if you have a different Work location than the Current Client better to get a New LCA. to be on safe side keep atleast 3+ Pay stubs. i read in some posts asking for 1+ year pay stubs.

Paystubs i have are 6 as i get paid twice a month and i have been working for 3 months for now

In my case the Client on the LCA and the current client whom i am working for now does not match is that fine ,Also how many current paystubs are required for the Visa stamping in Vancouver ?

tinkuR: If your client location does not match with LCA try to get an H1 amendment done without which you might be asking for trouble. That is very important. As far as the paystubs are concerned i just took one year's paystubs.

Archived