Recruitment effort -PERM

sushruta

Hi

My husband's employer has started the GC process for my husband. He has registered and the ads for the job have been placed. The question I have is- what is the procedure the employer has to follow in conducting the interviews. What are the commonly used basis for rejecting the candidates who apply? Is there a link where I can read up some stuff on this topic.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• 5 weeks later...

there is no commonly used basis for a rejection. employer will need to decide if they can hire the applicant or not based on the skills and qualification. If the employer finds a qualified candidate, the process has to be reviewed and started over.

beneficiary should not be involved in this at all. If the beneficiary is involved, that process is practically invalid.

Hi

My husband's employer has started the GC process for my husband. He has registered and the ads for the job have been placed. The question I have is- what is the procedure the employer has to follow in conducting the interviews. What are the commonly used basis for rejecting the candidates who apply? Is there a link where I can read up some stuff on this topic.

Why are you or your husband even involved in that???

Your husband needs to stay COMPLETELY OUT OF IT!

Any involvement of the beneficiary makes the PERM pretty much invalid.

• 4 months later...
What are the commonly used basis for rejecting the candidates who apply? Is there a link where I can read up some stuff on this topic.

Simple, if that candidate is unfit for that job then he/she will be rejected. But your question doesn't make any sense, you are not the employer or employee applying for that job.

Just saw this now. My husband wasn't involved. Just curious as to the procedure.

ur curiosity is (was) understandable, esp. with so much unemployment around..not sure u figured it out or not yet.

While it is true that employee involvement in PERM efforts is not allowed, just for the sake of the information, the reality is:

- the lawyers go thru the employee qualifications, pick the unique skills and mash it with other regular mumbo jumbo and run the ad

-there are several ways to disqualify- even as simple as not listing the job requistion number on the resume. Of the several dozen responses only one or two 'qualify' for interview, who will also be "ruled out'

bottom line: the whole process is ridiculous and unrealistic

-it is mockery of real job seekers, who put so much effort into responding to these "theoretical" job ads floating around all the time

-lately, the average time to wrapup the whole process is a decade..it is ridiculous to argue that the candiate is going to stick to the same level of job with out any advancement.

-it is mockery of real job seekers, who put so much effort into responding to these "theoretical" job ads floating around all the time

-lately, the average time to wrapup the whole process is a decade..it is ridiculous to argue that the candiate is going to stick to the same level of job with out any advancement.

Oh man, these days I am learning lot of stuff about GC abuse.

Thanks for the info dude...!!!

Oh man, these days I am learning lot of stuff about GC abuse.

Thanks for the info dude...!!!

at least half of approved PERM applications are software QA/QC jobs and lot of the beneficiaries have three year non IT degrees...

how can anyone believe that a qualified unemployed American does not exist to fill that job

If that's case then, how came these applications getting approved without proper degrees??

those cases are qualified for Eb3..but most of them demand to be qualified for Eb-2 with combination of diplomas+exp..

CIS played hardball initially but they are yielding now a days to the strong representation from reputed attorneys..

When PERM was introduced , the general talk here was that it would expedite the "whole process" and would make sense and  more transparent.

PERM did eliminate most of the labor backlog (memory is sketchy, but didn't they set up special labor cert backlog reduction centers?)..but created bottlenecks at 485 stage.

So for me, it still  did not make sense as to how can CIS believe that a person will stick to the "similar" position a decade down the road?

So for me, it still  did not make sense as to how can CIS believe that a person will stick to the "similar" position a decade down the road?

But I heard that somewhere during the GC process they can change the Job title, is that true??

Their are people who got promoted during that time and still got their GC.

But I heard that somewhere during the GC process they can change the Job title, is that true??

Their are people who got promoted during that time and still got their GC.

yes the technical word is "similar job" by USCIS with no clear definition ..

lot of the direct EB2 candidates with couple of yrs exp in "Non- IT" at the time of PWD are ready to be associates/managers by the time to file 485 and lot of IT candidates' salaries are up by 50% to 100% to that of PWD..are they "similar" positions in any fashion?

yes the technical word is "similar job" by USCIS with no clear definition ..

lot of the direct EB2 candidates with couple of yrs exp in "Non- IT" at the time of PWD are ready to be associates/managers by the time to file 485 and lot of IT candidates' salaries are up by 50% to 100% to that of PWD..are they "similar" positions in any fashion?

So for EB2 a person needs a degree and it doesn't matter whether its related to the job or not???Am I right?? If not, again the same question how these applications are getting approved??

Advertising a job that does not exist is a "bait and switch" that is illegal when applied to goods and many other services.

as I said in post #7, I don't understand what DOL/USCIS was thinking when they made this recruitment effort rules..they are only concerned about employer and beneficiciary but not job applicants wasting their time..

I dont think it is mandatory to list in the Ad that it is an effort to check availability of citizens for the job..but again that line will deter qualified candidates from applying..

So for EB2 a person needs a degree and it doesn't matter whether its related to the job or not???Am I right?? If not, again the same question how these applications are getting approved??

not for "real engg fields", say for a Civil Engr EB2 job, it is easy to rule out a candiate BCcom degree or even electrical engg degree..

but many of the software job can be performed and being performed with combination of degrees+diplomas+ exp..

CIS/DOL took objection to it for couple of years, but not anymore..EB2 applicants with non relevant degrees got lot of support from reputed attorneys/AILA

CIS/DOL took objection to it for couple of years, but not anymore..EB2 applicants with non relevant degrees got lot of support from reputed attorneys/AILA

If that's the case then their are simply changing the meaning of bachelor's degree itself.

If a person with non relevant degree can work in some other field then whats' the use of having a degree from that field?? It's just like butcher working as head of some multinational corporation which leads to failure in the system.

Archived