Change of Status on Sevis record

Bittu

Hi,

I am on CPT, and I recently filed for h1 from two different employers and got picked from two of them.

First one from employer A in premium got picked first and other from emp B regular got picked later.

Now, in the school on my Sevis record the change of status receipt number is the one that is from emp B regular one picked later.

But, if I get the first one that is premium one from emp A approved(it is still pending now) then will it over ride my sevis record that has the recipet number from emp B on it?

Or Do I have to ask emp B to revoke the regular petition,if so then will sevis record gets automatically updated with first Premium H1 petition from emp A?

How does that work?Please clarify.

"I am on CPT, and I recently filed for h1 from two different employers and got picked from two of them."

=> What do you mean by you filed your H1b. Did you pay for this?

Once your any H1b is approved with COS, your SEVIS will be aborted.

I mean my H1b is filed with two employers,

So you mean as per my question lets say if my H1 from Employer A is approved first, then will the receipt number on my Sevis would be this one or the other one from Employer B that is currently present on Sevis.

Do I got to ask Emp B to revoke the petition as soon as other one is approved and do I need to inform the school so as the Sevis gets updated with the right H1 petition meaning the petition filed with Employer A.

Is there anything that I need to talk with school or it doesn't matter.?

Please advise.

Archived