STEM Extension RFE DENIED

sachin7

Hello guys ! I need some help.. I had applied for my STEM extension and received an RFE a month ago asking for proof to show that I had not accumulated more than 90 days of unemployment during my 12 month OPT period. This RFE was requested because my school or DSO did not have my employment recorded for the first 8 months of the 12 month period and only has my current Everified employer till present. So I sent them the proof as requested showing evidence of my employment for the first 8 months (voluntary work that I did).. BUT IT got DENIED!! my first opt EAD OPT card expired on 4 jan 2013. I am waiting on the letter for the denial details. Can you guys tell me my options currently?

So I sent them the proof as requested showing evidence of my employment for the first 8 months (voluntary work that I did).. BUT IT got DENIED!! my first opt EAD OPT card expired on 4 jan 2013. I am waiting on the letter for the denial details. Can you guys tell me my options currently?

Contact attorney, you have very less time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi sachin,

Please tell me what did u after u got the denial. I am in the same situation, OPT expired june 24, 2013 and for STEM application got a RFE and after the attorney addressed the same, it got denied. Even my DSO seems unhelpful as they want me to wait for the actual notice, but i am tensed if I have any other option or would I be asked to leave the country? Pls help

Hi sachin,

Please tell me what did u after u got the denial. I am in the same situation, OPT expired june 24, 2013 and for STEM application got a RFE and after the attorney addressed the same, it got denied. Even my DSO seems unhelpful as they want me to wait for the actual notice, but i am tensed if I have any other option or would I be asked to leave the country? Pls help

what was the RFE about??

Archived