Can you use an approved I-140 from one of my previous employers, in order to extend/transfer H1b visa by a new employer?


Recommended Posts

My I-140 was filed by Company A. I moved to Company B who used my I-140 from Company A to transfer and extend my H1b visa by 3 more years. Now Company B is laying me off.

Can Company C extend my H1b visa again using the original approved I-140 from Company A? Or, do I need to have an approved I-140 from Company B in order for Company C to transfer/extend by H1b to again 3 more years?

Please note that I am past my 6 year-period of my H1b visa and after extending it by 3 years (using Company A's approved I-140), I just have 15 months remaining on it.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.