What if Employers address different on W-2

sk187

Hello

I have scheduled my VISA appointment date on this 30th in canada. I work in a EVC model and I have a situation where my employers address is different in W-2 to his original address. Is that would be a problem? Is the employers address should be same on the offer letter and on W-2? Please give me suggestions what could be the appropriate answer if VO asks this question.

Thanks

Hello

I have scheduled my VISA appointment date on this 30th in canada. I work in a EVC model and I have a situation where my employers address is different in W-2 to his original address. Is that would be a problem? Is the employers address should be same on the offer letter and on W-2? Please give me suggestions what could be the appropriate answer if VO asks this question.

Thanks

Why they are different??You didn't asked your employer about this??

Of course you have to tell truth during the interview.

Why they are different??You didn't asked your employer about this?? Of course you have to tell truth during the interview.

Hi rahul412,

I asked my employer and he told me that while registering with ADP (Where my paystubs runs) he had given his home address. The address on my W-2 is his home address.

Hi rahul412,

I asked my employer and he told me that while registering with ADP (Where my paystubs runs) he had given his home address. The address on my W-2 is his home address.

wow...running the business from home. I don't know who this works.

Anyway, your employer has to change that address.

your employer needs to change to the correct address.

Not correct. Employer address might be different than Employee Address. For example, major multinationals like MSFT, ORCL all use corporate address on W2 irrespective of where the employee is. The W2 need to show tax deductions for the employee based on the state where he is working.

Not correct. Employer address might be different than Employee Address. For example, major multinationals like MSFT, ORCL all use corporate address on W2 irrespective of where the employee is. The W2 need to show tax deductions for the employee based on the state where he is working.

But the problem here is the employer address itself, not the employee address.

But the problem here is the employer address itself, not the employee address.

I do not know if it is illegal to run a business from home? Definitely it indicates a small mom and pop company and attracts a close scrutiny during visa issuance but other than that, home based business are legal in US AFAIK.

It's not a home based company. He has his own office and staff at the speacified location. The only problem is the address on W-2, it's different on W-2 form rather than his usual address. But, he already raised a request with ADP to change the company address on W-2 ( i have that proofs and carrying for the interview). Moreover, address is correct on my paystubs( if i open individual paystub in ADP).

Employer can change his office location physically ( not to Home obviously ) .. my employer address got changed to different location .. i have one address on my offer letter , then the other documents are having different address which is new one..

@rahul412 .. what up ...? why you get excited so easily.. if you know the answer , then write it in nice manner.. don't be mean..

Employer can change his office location physically ( not to Home obviously ) .. my employer address got changed to different location .. i have one address on my offer letter , then the other documents are having different address which is new one..

@rahul412 .. what up ...? why you get excited so easily.. if you know the answer , then write it in nice manner.. don't be mean..

Did I said something wrong??

All I said was I don't know how it works,is that mean??

Archived