H-1B- Change of employer - Stamping

bvenkateswar1

Hi All,

I am really confused and getting mixed responses for this question so I thought of posting this here to get experts opinion.

I have a visa stamping till Aug 2013 in my passport but I moved to other company and got new I 797 with new I 94 attached to it, planning a short trip to India so do I need to go for stamping with documents produced by my new employer or is that fine to come back with my previous stamping which is already approved till Aug 2013.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Hi All,

I am really confused and getting mixed responses for this question so I thought of posting this here to get experts opinion.

I have a visa stamping till Aug 2013 in my passport but I moved to other company and got new I 797 with new I 94 attached to it, planning a short trip to India so do I need to go for stamping with documents produced by my new employer or is that fine to come back with my previous stamping which is already approved till Aug 2013.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

If you are returning before your current visa expires then you don't need a new visa stamp. But just make sure you have new 797 at POE.

Archived