Travel during 7th year

I am currently on my 7th year of H1B. I changed jobs after I got my extension, which is valid for 3 years. My new employer has not started the GC process yet. I will need to go to the consulate to get the visa stamp since the H1B is with the new employer. Is it safe to travel out of the country? Anyone with similar experience, please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

I am currently on my 7th year of H1B. I changed jobs after I got my extension, which is valid for 3 years. My new employer has not started the GC process yet. I will need to go to the consulate to get the visa stamp since the H1B is with the new employer. Is it safe to travel out of the country? Anyone with similar experience, please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

how did you got 7th yr ext when your GC process has not yet started??

@rahul412 and omshiv: You guys are right. I had my GC process started with my previous employer. I got an extension of 3 yrs for the H1B based on my I140 petition. After my H1b was approved, I changed jobs and my new employer has yet to start my GC process. I need to travel back home, but I am not sure how the consulate will treat this petition.I dont think the consulate cares if my GC process is in place, but i am afraid they can reject the H1B. Please share your thoughts.

Archived