Visa stamping denied after 221(G)

awaitinggc

Hi

Here is the situation.

My friend received 221-g when I had gone for my H1-B visa stamping in Mumbai Consulate in Dec 2012. I submitted the document in Jan 2013 to consulate. I recently got a letter from the consulate stating "Based on the document submitted to the U.S. Consulate, General, Mumbai, we have returned your petition to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for review and possible revocation." My question is

1. Can USCIS re-examine and approve the visa stamp? How much time do they take to reply back?

2. Can I re-apply for a visa appointment for the same position and for same company?

3. If USCIS decides to revoke the petition. can I still transfer it to another company?

Thanks for helping me out.

My friend received 221-g when I had gone for my H1-B visa stamping in Mumbai Consulate in Dec 2012. I submitted the document in Jan 2013 to consulate.

What's that? Is it you or your friend?

1. Can USCIS re-examine and approve the visa stamp? How much time do they take to reply back?

2. Can I re-apply for a visa appointment for the same position and for same company?

3. If USCIS decides to revoke the petition. can I still transfer it to another company?

1.Yes, but heard that processing takes time(min of 6months)

2.Make sure that this time you got all the req documents, but before that I guess your employer has to withdraw the current application.

Does it matter if it is me or my friend? I would rather want you smart guys focus on the core question of options after receiving 221g denial. Here is the question rephrased for one who care whether it is me or my friend.

My friend received 221-g when he had gone for my H1-B visa stamping in Mumbai Consulate in Dec 2012. He submitted the document in Jan 2013 to consulate. He recently got a letter from the consulate stating "Based on the document submitted to the U.S. Consulate, General, Mumbai, we have returned your petition to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for review and possible revocation." The question is

2. Can he re-apply for a visa appointment for the same position and for same company?

3. If USCIS decides to revoke the petition. can he still transfer it to another company?

Does it matter if it is me or my friend? I would rather want you smart guys focus on the core question of options after receiving 221g denial. Here is the question rephrased for one who care whether it is me or my friend.

2. Can he re-apply for a visa appointment for the same position and for same company?

3. If USCIS decides to revoke the petition. can he still transfer it to another company?

It doesn't matter, but your post was confusing so ppl wanted to know clearly about the situation. Anyhow

1.Yes, USCIS will re-examine your petition and once everything is done, embassy will call you for the interview again. Min time is 6mons, but can be vary.

2.I guess you mean to say new H1 petition, if so then your employer has to withdraw the old petition and then file a new H1 petition.

Or if you are talking about visa appt, then you don't need to do anything just wait for USCIS approval.

3. I guess yes, but I am not sure

Archived