Staying beyond 6yrs to support underage US Citizen (child)


Recommended Posts


My H1-B visa gets expired on April 30. We have also utilized the recapture time for the H1-B too.

We were blessed with a baby girl in March. We haven't received her birth certificate yet. Vital records office say it takes 2 more weeks to get it. I need to apply for her passport and Indian Visa too.

The entire process for my child's passport and visa would take at least 6-10 weeks.

I there a way to extend my stay here in USA, until we can consolidate all the documents for her and leave the country. What options do we have in this case.


Link to comment

Generally, a B visitor visa can be applied for if one needs additional time to wrap up affairs in the U.S. The application should provide sufficient documentation to support why the additional time in the U.S. is needed. Please schedule a consultation with a qualified immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case, to determine whether the B visa would be appropriate in your situation, and to discuss the documentation needed and timing for the application.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.