Visa Approved in Vancouver April 11th (L1B to H1B First Time Stamping)

l1h1gc84

First of all Big Thanks to all Murthy forum members and contributors. Its been very great help to prepare for the interview. We followed the documents as per this post, such a great help :

http://forum.murthy....ons-all-in-one/

Me(EC Model) and my friend (Full time) had H1B Visa interview April 11th at Vancouver.

I was on L1B (4 years), have no US education and this is my first H1B Visa stamping. I have 5 years of work experience in US though. I was bit doubful as many posts said we need to have US education to go for first H1B stamping. I mailed the consulate and they said I can schedule my interview in Vancouver.

Another wrinkle in my case is that my employer has only 2 employees including me on H1B, but he has been in business from 8 years with good revenue. He only does direct client positions.

Our appointment is at 9:30 AM but we reached the consulate at 8 AM. We were first told to wait till 8:30 but he had let us in.

At entrance they checked the I797, DS 160 confirmation and passport. He let us in and next we had security check just like they do in airport.

After security check we entered into another hall and there are about 30-40 people by that time waiting already. Before entering in the hall they again took the I797, DS 160 confirmation, passport and gave a token number.

After some time they called our token numbers and asked us to proceed with finger printing. We think they verified the PIMS database before sending to finger printing.

After finger printing is done we are asked to wait in that hall. Actual interview with the VO happens in 20th floor. They have LCD display showing the token number that are being served in 20th floor. Once we have our toekn numbers displayed we headed to 20th floor.

There's not much waiting time after we reached 20th floor.

My fren is called to Counter 4(lady VO) and I am called to counter 6

Here are the questions:

Counter 4(Lady VO): (For Fulltime employee)

What do you do for your employer?

How long have you been with your employer?

Is your last Visa stamped from India?

What is your highest degree?

How long have you worked with the employer who sponsored your first H1?

How many employers did you work so far and how long with each of them?

Why did you switch companies frequently? (This was asked as my fren switched from one employer after working for 4 months. He said some job oppurtunities and better benefits )

Then lady VO said Visa is approved. She kept the I797 and passport.

Counter 6(Male VO): (For EC model. This is my first H1B stamping. I was on L1B and dont have US education)

What is your role?

Who is your petitioner?

What does your employer do?

Since when are you with your current employer? (4 months)

Before that with whom were you working? (xxx for 1 year)

Are you paid hourly or salary? ( I said fixed salary and told the amount as per my LCA)

Can you show me your recent paystubs? (I gave him past 1 year)

(he was checking the paystubs in detail and I mentioned to him that I get a bonus component along with the salary for the time I am allocated to project)

Can you give me your W2 for 2012? (I gave all the W2s from since 2007)

Do you have a client?

Where is the client located?

Do you have a client letter?

Till when is your current project?

Then he said Visa is approved and you can collect passport and I797 in 3 - 5 days.

If you have all documentation properly and be confident while you answer the questions Visa will be approved for sure. Good luck friends!!

I am also in similar situation, I came to USA on L1 and then transfered to H1 and planning to get my visa stamped in Canada.

Currently I am in EVC model and my client and vendor are agreed to provide the supporting letters.

Could you please let me know your suggestions based on your experience in my case.

Thanks.

I am also in similar situation, I came to USA on L1 and then transfered to H1 and planning to get my visa stamped in Canada.

Currently I am in EVC model and my client and vendor are agreed to provide the supporting letters.

Could you please let me know your suggestions based on your experience in my case.

Thanks.

If you have all the letters from Vendor and Client you should be good to go. Ofcourse the output varies from case to case but I just want to say no US education is not a hinderance for first time H1 stamping in Canada.

Archived