Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER.

mohan gandla

Hi Friends,

My Employer as submitted H1b amendment on April first week and I got receipt number and when I try to check the statues, i got below massage. What does this mean? Did any one got same massage on there case statues .Pleases response

Initial Review:

On April 10, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case.

:

PankajA1901 : Thanks for the reply ,my application got Approved :) and good luck for others .

Mohan, I am thinking to move to new project which will be with 5miles from my current work location. Do I need H1 amendment or LCA amendment?

I got a ref link from murthy firm, it says just LCA update is fine if location is within the MSA.

http://www.murthy.com/2011/08/12/murthy-success-story-reaffirmation-of-h1b-petition-approval-after-221g-visa-refusal/

I have a valid stamp till 2014.

hello guys,

i am sharing my experience.

my profile h1b transfer with pp.

h1b filed on 8-4-13

acceptance 9-4-13

Initial Review:

On April 11, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the Premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your Premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case.

after 4 hours got email your h1b is approved. lawyer got approval notice within hour..

\best of luck to everyone.

But that link says just LCA is fine.

Neda, that is generally correct. The exception at this time is that USCIS is saying that if the move is from one client/project to a different client/project in the same MSA, then this is enough of a "material" change that an amended H-1B petition may be required. The LCA may remain valid yet USCIS wants to see an amended petition in such a situation. If the amended petition is not filed and there is a USCIS Investigations site visit, then USCIS may send a notice of intent to revoke (NOIR) the H-1B petition, and the employer will have the burden of explaining that there was no material change in the job, among other things.

Neda, that is generally correct. The exception at this time is that USCIS is saying that if the move is from one client/project to a different client/project in the same MSA, then this is enough of a "material" change that an amended H-1B petition may be required. The LCA may remain valid yet USCIS wants to see an amended petition in such a situation. If the amended petition is not filed and there is a USCIS Investigations site visit, then USCIS may send a notice of intent to revoke (NOIR) the H-1B petition, and the employer will have the burden of explaining that there was no material change in the job, among other things.

So if I move to another project within the MSA, my employer has to file the H1 amendment with LCA amendment. Am I right??

If I am right then why does that link says just LCA amendment is enough. I am little bit confused here.

• 4 weeks later...

Friends,

If you filed premium processing & you see this message immediately after the acceptance phase, then most probably it's approved. But, just wait for approx 4-6 hours for the system to reflect that. In my case, same thing happened with my h1b transfer+extension petition. Below are the timelines:

LCA Filed: April 24th

LCA Approved: May 2nd

Petition Filed: May 2nd

Acceptance: May 3rd

Initial Review: May 10th 12:00 PM

Decision: May 10th 4:15 PM APPROVED

So, please don't panic if you see it in initial review status directly from acceptance. It will change in less than a day to either approved or RFE. From what I am reading or saw in my case, in most cases its approved. Just that the system takes time to get updated. For people who said they got RFE, its very less.But most of them who got, either saw the status move from acceptance to RFE to initial review. But, if in your case its directly from acceptance to initial review, its mostly approved.

Hope this info helped.

• 2 months later...

My employer has filed H1B with normal processing for this year. We have converted into premium processing.   

I got below message with current status as Initial review:

On July15th, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case. 

But still my visa status is in Initial Review. How long it will take to change the status or does it mean i got RFE? please help...

Same case with me. On 3rd July premium visa has been filed and went into acceptance status. From 10th July I was not able to find my status on USCIS. That was till 15th July. On July 15th my status got chnaged to Initial review and showing below message.

On July 15, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case.

Today also I am able to see the same status.

I contacted my employer and they are saying that they also not recieved any commnication from USCIS.

Can anyone please suggest on same?

• 2 weeks later...

My Case:

Acceptance: 26th July 2013

Intial Review: 29th July 2013

Acceptance: 30th July 2013 (do know why it chnaged back to initial review)

Intial Review: 1st Aug 2013 till 6 PM (Message:15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129 )

Decision: 1st Aug 2013 Approved  at 7 PM

Archived