i134

caindian

I am sponsoring my parents B2 visa and have to send them i134. I have question on Date resided in USA (Q#2)

I am here since Nov 2004 but went to india couple of times for vacation...most recent one was in Dec 2012 so shall I enter Nov 2004 or Dec 2012 in Question 2 of i134 ?

Thank you for help.

Guest Noah Lotte

does not matter....the I-134 is essentially worthless as far as tourist visa applications are concerned. The document is NOT legally enforceable, and thus plays no positive role in the visa process whatsoever. No one 'sponsors' a tourist visa applicant....while relatives or friends might offer to pay for airline tickets, etc, even they cannot be forced to do so...and, at the end of the day, the applicant(s) must qualify (i.e. overcome 214b) on their own merits, not on the promises or offers made by third parties on their behalf.

Guest Noah Lotte

It does no such thing...the I-134, not being legally enforceable, cannot compel anyone to pay for anything on behalf of anyone else....no one can be forced to pay for airline tickets or entertainment, etc, while in (or on the way to) the United States. Paying for tickets represents about .05% of the entire picture when adjudicating tourist visa applications....if the applicant(s) lack the money to pay for airline tickets, as well as their future entertainment, meals, movies, etc, then what compelling motivation do they have not to begin working illegally in the US? Just because some relative says they will pay for everything does NOT mean that will happen....nor can any law enforcement agency in the US force said relative to do so....in actuality, the I-134 often points out the weaknesses in a case, not the strengths. It is a totally worthless piece of paper, notarized or not, that for some odd reason many people believe will magically qualify somebody for a tourist visa.....it will not.

Archived