H1B EVC Model Ottawa Approved 8th April

givemevisa

Guys,

I have been a pretty silent viewer of murthy forum which is a great source of information. Many thanks to all the main contributors like JoeF here.

Thought of sharing my experience with you guys on my interview which went absolutely smooth for me. Yes to answer your first question I am in EVC model and no its not dead. As long as your employer is in the good books and u have all the documents and client letter to be more specific you should be good. I was worried about staming for a few years and never made a trip to India which now looks like a foolish thing to have done.

Same drill, DS160 and passport check at entrance after security. Also thought the website tells not to carry car keys and cellphone, we can carry them and they do have a locker for that. Next Document check at counter 2 followed by finger printing at counter 5. There were three VO's today interviewing.

Hardly any questions were asked.

VO: Good Morning, how are you doing?

Me: Good Morning, very well, how about you?

VO: Thanks for asking, I am pretty good.

VO: You have come for H1B stamping?

Me: Yes sir

VO: So you work for XXX company?

Me: Yes sir, thats correct

VO: Are you FTE of that company?

Me: Yes sir

VO: Do you work at XXX or do you have a client?

Me: I do have a client sir.

VO: Who is your client? Do you have a vendor as well?

Me: YYY is my client. Yes sir I do have a vendor ZZZ

VO: Do you have a client letter?

Me: Yes sir I have a client letter and also a letter from the vendor

VO: Can I see that?

Me: Sure sir, (handed over the letter, he went through in detail both the letters. There were a few good natured banter for a couple of minutes after he finished reading the letters)

VO: Your Visa is granted, you should receive in a two to three days.

Yes, i was thrilled and came out of the building as soon as I could as if fearing if I stay any longer they might call be back and ask for more questions.

By 5 in the evening I got a mail from Loomis with the waybill number. Night checked status and said ready for pickup. Picked it up today in the morning. Such a breeze.

Good luck to all you guys. Have faith and go for it.

Hello givemevisa,

Appreciate your information.

I have one question - I heard that if the person has done Masters in USA then getting stamping is easy...is this correct?

I'm having client letter too but have not done Master in USA....so I'm trying to get the information from other folks on this.

Any information on this greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

I have one question - I heard that if the person has done Masters in USA then getting stamping is easy...is this correct?

I'm having client letter too but have not done Master in USA....so I'm trying to get the information from other folks on this.

No that's not true.There are thousands of H1 employees without US degree.

If you are planning to go to Canada for visa interview, I guess you won't be eligible since they allow only candidates with US degree or if it is visa ext. Better check their website or call them.

No that's not true.There are thousands of H1 employees without US degree.

If you are planning to go to Canada for visa interview, I guess you won't be eligible since they allow only candidates with US degree or if it is visa ext. Better check their website or call them.

Thats correct. There is no advantage of having done masters in the USA. Also its wrong conception that only those with US Masters can go to canada. To make it simple, i did not have a masters from US. Plain vanialla BE from India. SO yes, go for it!!

Congratulations givemevisa!!

Any idea how long it takes in average at ottawa to get back the passport once the visa is approved? Looks like givemevisa got it next day itself, is that correct?

Yes i did get it back the very next day which was a surprise. It usually takes at least 3 days.

@givemevisa - was your interview with White visa officers or Chinese/asian looking visa officer?

I read from previous posts that chinese/asian looking visa officer is pretty clear way to 221g!

Appreciate if you can inform on that.

what are you trying to do??Differentiate people based on color??

Your visa depends on your documents and previous immigration record. If you have all the req doc why are you worried about the VO's color?

@givemevisa - was your interview with White visa officers or Chinese/asian looking visa officer?

I read from previous posts that chinese/asian looking visa officer is pretty clear way to 221g!

Appreciate if you can inform on that.

There were three officers, all where white. Not sure if that matters, but i have read people mentioning that the asian is a bit more strict. Infact that was the first thing i tried to look for when I went in, dint find any Asian guy. But saying guaranteed 221g is wrong. From what I have read he asks much more questions than others, which is his discretionary. Most of the time the decision is already made before we even go in, I always feel that we can not get a Visa by how well we respond to questions but can only screw it up by **** answers. Most of the decision is made based on your employer. My employer has a very good track record, not a single VISA rejected in 3 years during stamping. Yes a few 221g but cleared within 2 weeks.

Hi, Thanks for posting your experience. From your post i understood that you did not have any Masters degree from USA.

I am also in same situation, I did not have any Master's degree from USA and thinking to got to canada for stamping.

But this is my first time H1b visa stamping and i heard that i cannot go to canada for first time H1B stamping unless i have Masters degree.

Is this your first time H1B stamping or stamping for your extension? please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi, Thanks for posting your experience. From your post i understood that you did not have any Masters degree from USA.

I am also in same situation, I did not have any Master's degree from USA and thinking to got to canada for stamping.

But this is my first time H1b visa stamping and i heard that i cannot go to canada for first time H1B stamping unless i have Masters degree.

Is this your first time H1B stamping or stamping for your extension? please let me know.

Thanks.

This was not my first time H1B. I had a H1 then to L1 and then again back to H1. This was first time stamping with new H1 and employer though. You attorney should be the best bet. I had the same doubt and my attorney told me I can go for my case.

Archived