Visa Approved in Toronto - EVC model

Rational1

Hello guys,

I had my interview today morning at 9.30 at the Toronto Consulate. the interview did not last for even one whole minute. I am on EVC model working with the same client for 3+ years

Visa officer asked me the following:

Where do you live?

What is your title?

What is your salary?

Then She said 'i am approving your visa but it might take a day extra to get your passport as the system to update the PIMS was down.

Good luck to you all. let me know if you have any specific questions.

@kumartc1 - yes this is my first time stamping but second term h1b. I transferred it to a different company after my first term.

I do have a masters from US university. Infact, the VO office did ask me about it. I forgot to mention it in my previous post.

She asked me what is my highest level of degree?

@VJ-S - Congrats to you too. Will let you know when i get any update. Please do the same at ****************.

I got stamped on the same day as well mine was the first interview on the day... I faced an american lady she was damn cool and the interview went like this:

1. Where do you live in US? Alabama.

2. How long you are working with this company? 3.5 yrs

3. Whats your job title? "Programmer Analyst" as per my LCA.

4. What's your higest degree? -- Master's in C.S.

5. Whats your Master Research Project ? I said XYZ then she asked...

6. What is it? I explain in two lines.

7. She verified my student visa and asked have you finished your frm this XYZ university?

I said no I after 1st semister I tranfered to ABC.

she asked where is it located? I said DEF

8. Do you study more in future ? I said no, not now then she said i'll cancel this F1 visa. I said ok.

Finally she said okay I am approving your visa, u'll have to wait upto 5 business days in order to pickup ur passport at the loomis. I said ok

She gave me a white paper (States: Is your visa approved ? know what to do next) and a booklet (states: Are you going to come into US on temporary worker/student visa then know your rights) then I said thank u have a nice day.

Hi

@VJ-S - Updated my email id in my profile. I still have no update on the website as of 4/10/13 at 10.00 am. Let me know if any of you see any updates. Just hope I don't have to stay for the weekend.

I got stamped on the same day as well mine was the first interview on the day... I faced an american lady she was damn cool and the interview went like this:

1. Where do you live in US? Alabama.

2. How long you are working with this company? 3.5 yrs

3. Whats your job title? "Programmer Analyst" as per my LCA.

4. What's your higest degree? -- Master's in C.S.

5. Whats your Master Research Project ? I said XYZ then she asked...

6. What is it? I explain in two lines.

7. She verified my student visa and asked have you finished your frm this XYZ university?

I said no I after 1st semister I tranfered to ABC.

she asked where is it located? I said DEF

8. Do you study more in future ? I said no, not now then she said i'll cancel this F1 visa. I said ok.

Finally she said okay I am approving your visa, u'll have to wait upto 5 business days in order to pickup ur passport at the loomis. I said ok

She gave me a white paper (States: Is your visa approved ? know what to do next) and a booklet (states: Are you going to come into US on temporary worker/student visa then know your rights) then I said thank u have a nice day.

hi

Congratulations. I also got my passport stamped Today in Toronto. Please let me know when you get the notification for Loomis Pickup.

Please mail me on my email address in my profile

Hi,

I also don't see any update as of 04/10/2013 @ 6 PM. Please let me know if any one driving back to US and i may need to share ride only if it is ok. I didn't book the flight ticket back as we don't know when we get our passport and the ticket for the weekend is costly.

Thanks..

Hey Guys got this email at 12.18 am from the loomis center

Dear XXXX,

Your passport has been picked up from the Consular Section and within the next few days you will be able to pick it up at:

LOOMIS Brampton HOLD FOR PICKUP

200 WESTCREEK BLVD

BRAMPTON, ON

L6T5T7

Your Waybill Number is EPYFU1200002.

Hope this can save the weekend bills.

@Shiv,

My passport is ready for pick up. yours' should be as well. I will be leaving today by 1-2pm from Brampton. Shoot me an email (id in my profile) if you need a ride. I will be traveling back to philly and i do not wish to make any major detours. let me know if your destination is either on the way or close from my destination, i don't mind giving a ride.

Archived