How to know whether the H1B petition is selected in the lottery ?

_jaswanth7_

Hi friends,

USCIS is going to accept H1B petitions with in 2 days, i am sure its the lottery selection this time. If so how to know whether our petition is selected in the lottery and they will send back our packet back to the employer if not selected i guess.

But processing time is depends on the case to case, but i would like to know, in how many days we will get the news regarding whether our petition is selected in the lottery ?

Thank you

Sivateja

If the quota is filled in the first 5 business days, they will put all applications received in the first 5 days into the lottery. They will inform people accordingly.

If the quota isn't filled within 5 days, they will also announce that. Then a lottery would only be with the applications that were received on the last day when the quota fills. So, if the quota would fill on day 6, the only applications in the lottery would be the ones they received on day 6.

If the quota is filled in the first 5 business days, they will put all applications received in the first 5 days into the lottery. They will inform people accordingly.

If the quota isn't filled within 5 days, they will also announce that. Then a lottery would only be with the applications that were received on the last day when the quota fills. So, if the quota would fill on day 6, the only applications in the lottery would be the ones they received on day 6.

Thank you Joe :-)

Archived