H4 renewal


Recommended Posts


My Wife is in US currently, and her H4 visa is going to expire in July. I got a new extension date which is valid till Nov 2014 when i changed the employer and i need renew my wife's visa only.

I know i need to file I539, but i am not sure what all documents i need to submit, fee, and how and where to submit these documents. It would be a great help if someone provide these information?

Thanks in Advance...

Link to comment

If your wife intends to remain in the U.S. and wants to extend her H4 status she will need to file a timely I-539 application with documentation of her extension eligibility. Please be aware however, filing through the Service Center will extend her status if approved, but will not extend her visa. For any additional questions it is advisable to schedule a consult with a knowledgeable U.S. immigration attorney.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.