H4 to H1 for my Spouse , DOCS required ??

Immihelp1234

One of consultant is doing H4 to H1 visa transfer & he wants the following document of my spouse who is on H1..

Is it safe to give him & do he really need these docs for H4 to H1 for me.

1. His/Her spouse’s H-1B supporting documents: Approval notice, I-94, visa stamp page, passport ID pages, pay stubs for the last 3 months.

Thanks

One of consultant is doing H4 to H1 visa transfer & he wants the following document of my spouse who is on H1..

1. His/Her spouse’s H-1B supporting documents: Approval notice, I-94, visa stamp page, passport ID pages, pay stubs for the last 3 months.

Thanks

Your H1 is not dependent on your spouse's H1.

So all he needs is your current status that H4 visa and supporting documents for approval.

Thanks

Yes, her employer is correct.

To get the H4 to H1 COS done, your spouse should be on legal H4 status. H4 is valid only if the associated H1b (your H1b) is valid. An H1b's validity can be checked by these three items: 1. Last 3-4 paystubs. 2. An employer letter 3. Copy of I797.

Just a reminder, paying H1b fees by employee is illegal, against the law. Make sure all of the H1b fees is paid by employer only not the beneficiary.

All the best.

Archived