running payroll while h1b is withdrawn

radhika1839

A real company issues a check for all outstanding payroll at that time.

'Real' Companies' HR departments take forever to process the last outstanding payments. When I left a company long back, I got paid for my unused leave after 2 months.

And most paychecks are issued with a week or two lag, I dont see why that is an issue as long as the pay period (not the pay date) on the pay check is before H1b is withdrawn.

Can an employer run payroll after withdrawing H-1B?

my last for an employer is 22nd this month. I will be getting a paycheck(which means payroll is active) on 29th of March. Can my employer withdraw H-1B on 22nd and run payroll till 29th march?

=> Getting paid has never been issue on H1b. I the issue is that the work behind this payment was done under valid work authorization or not. Because this payments is the result of H1b approved work, so I don't see any issue here.

'Real' Companies' HR departments take forever to process the last outstanding payments. When I left a company long back, I got paid for my unused leave after 2 months.

Well, at least in California, that's illegal. In CA, people have to get paid all outstanding salary/expenses etc. at the time of layoff.

It may take longer if you quit without notice.

Archived