Please Help, shop Lift case

Ammykh

I need all your valuable inputs in this regards.

Back in 2008 when i was New to USA on F1 Visa and landed in California,I went for shopping with my friend and my friend shoplifted few things and she some how put that stuff in to my bag. we both were coming out of the store at the same time, and the shop attender some how sensed the shoplifting which then lead to his thinking that we both did this.. we both were sent to nearest county and we were put into jail for one night.My friends came to bail me out, didn't do it as we were released next day as there was no prior criminal background on both of us and got a hearing date which we attended. Not knowing what to do i just kept quiet in court and i don't even remember what my friend told to judge but we were fined 1000 each and were given few years probation which ended some time back.

I re-entered after my India Visit and nothing happened at first time.but I had an issue at immigration at second time at the same States POE,they had asked me few questions taking me to other section at POE and took my finger prints and then they let me in.3rd time i came through diff states POE(NY) but there were no issues.I have my H1 now n want to go for stamping to india. I want to know if i need to admit this in DS-160.Is it Safe? What will happen if i wont admit?

I want to get this out of my records.I wanna know how.

Please advise and all your valuable inputs are appreciated.

I have my H1 now n want to go for stamping to india. I want to know if i need to admit this in DS-160.Is it Safe? What will happen if i wont admit?

Of course, you have to mention it.

Your visa may be rejected if you won't admit it. If you are not guilty then why are you scared to admit this in DS form?

write back that i was guilty i know that, but on that day of judgement i didnot speak and i dont even remember what happened but i was asked to pay 1100 which i did. i donot have any copies with me about the case too

u can go to the court or even request online for a open records request and get the dipsosition

emai me if u need more info

Archived