H-1B Visa Reform Act of 2013

kum27

Hi,

From the below link I came to know about this new bill Visa Reform Act of 2013.

http://**************.cms

I am already in H1b working as a software consultant and my employer is a midsize company for about 500+ employees in US which is Indian based company. Does this bill affect the current H1b employees and renewals or this restriction applied to new H1b?

Also since it says as legislation if my understanding is right, this is not yet passed as a law.. please correct me if I am wrong.

It is not a law. You may want to read teh Bulletins on the Murthy website related to immigration reform for more information.

Thanks for you response. Can you please provide the link related to the immigration reform. I tried looking for it but I could not find the related details.

Since the federal election and the start of the 113th Congress there have been many immigration 'reform' bills proposed in both the Senate and House of Representatives. In addition to the noted (H-1B and L-1 Visa) Reform Act, there is the Innovation Immigration (nick named "I-Squared") Act and the Stopping Trained in America Ph.D.s from Leaving the Economy (STAPLE) Act to name a couple. None of these bills are past the stage of proposed legislation -- and there are many, many, ... many steps that they would have to go through and pass before they would become law and implemented by the government (USCIS). The most important step toward possible immigration reform are the comprehensive proposals being worked on 'behind the scenes' in both the Senate (by the so-called "gang of eight") and the House. The current speculation is that these proposals will be made public in the first couple weeks of April. These will be the ones to read in detail, understand, and follow the process (progress?) on. (Remember that even if these comprehensive immigration reform (CIR) proposals move forward as bills, it will be several months at best before they would possibly become law.)

Since the federal election and the start of the 113th Congress there have been many immigration 'reform' bills proposed in both the Senate and House of Representatives. In addition to the noted (H-1B and L-1 Visa) Reform Act, there is the Innovation Immigration (nick named "I-Squared") Act and the Stopping Trained in America Ph.D.s from Leaving the Economy (STAPLE) Act to name a couple. None of these bills are past the stage of proposed legislation -- and there are many, many, ... many steps that they would have to go through and pass before they would become law and implemented by the government (USCIS). The most important step toward possible immigration reform are the comprehensive proposals being worked on 'behind the scenes' in both the Senate (by the so-called "gang of eight") and the House. The current speculation is that these proposals will be made public in the first couple weeks of April. These will be the ones to read in detail, understand, and follow the process (progress?) on. (Remember that even if these comprehensive immigration reform (CIR) proposals move forward as bills, it will be several months at best before they would possibly become law.)

Thanks Catx for your detailed explanation. I appreciate your time.

Archived