H1B approval for different filed of study

dchaitu

I'm working as a full time employee in the healthcare industry. My company is going to apply my H1B (premium processing) for the year 2013. Currently I'm on CPT status. I have a Masters degree in Environmental Technology which differs from my work experience - I have overall 2.5 years of experience in Heathcare I.T., and I have obtained various other certifications (around 7 to 8) in the Healthcare and Information technology field. I would like suggestions on which basis should my company apply for H1-B - Masters degree route or work experience route ? What are the chances for my H1-B approval?

Thank you.

There is no "CPT status".

CPT is for work as integral part of the curriculum only., it is not for working in an arbitrary job.

Abuse of CPT, like what you seem to be doing, will come back to bite you.

Chances of an H1 approval are low, due to what looks like CPT abuse.

• 1 month later...

I'm working as a full time employee in the healthcare industry. My company is going to apply my H1B (premium processing) for the year 2013. Currently I'm on CPT status. I have a Masters degree in Environmental Technology which differs from my work experience - I have overall 2.5 years of experience in Heathcare I.T., and I have obtained various other certifications (around 7 to 8) in the Healthcare and Information technology field. I would like suggestions on which basis should my company apply for H1-B - Masters degree route or work experience route ? What are the chances for my H1-B approval?

FTE in CPT?? How can this be possible?? Did you made your own F1 rules??

Coming to H1 approval, your current status is against the rules so you might have difficulty in getting approved.

Archived