Need Urgent Help... Really appreciate it...

katerahul

1. Hello Friends,

I was working with Employer X got my Visa Stamped which is valid till May 2014. Now I changed my
    and have new I797 valid till Jan 2015, I am traveling to India. Do I need to worry about anything since my Visa is already stamped till May 2014?

As I understand, Visa is to Enter the country and I-797 is work authorization. So they are technically two different things. Please let me know. Of course, I will carry both the original I-797s, Appointment letter etc. Do I need to carry anything else? Payslips etc?

Thanks A Lot In Advance....

1. Hello Friends,

I was working with Employer X got my Visa Stamped which is valid till May 2014. Now I changed my
    and have new I797 valid till Jan 2015, I am traveling to India. Do I need to worry about anything since my Visa is already stamped till May 2014?

As I understand, Visa is to Enter the country and I-797 is work authorization. So they are technically two different things. Please let me know. Of course, I will carry both the original I-797s, Appointment letter etc. Do I need to carry anything else? Payslips etc?

Thanks A Lot In Advance....

Carry all H1B documents APPROVED and also the current EMPLOYER letter like a vacation letter.

You cannot expect as what sort of the questions the POE folks may pose anytime

Thanks Guys, really appreciate it. I have never heard of a vacation letter though? Will check with the HR. I dont know if it makes a difference but my wife and daughter (US Citizen/ born here in US) are also in India and will be joining me when I come back.

I am planning to carry

• All I-797s Old and new
  • LCA
  • A few latest Payslips
  • Appointment Letter

Do you guys suggest anything else?

Archived