Canadian Visitor Visa- Online application

aratishr

Hi All,

Could anyone give me an idea on how long it takes for Canadina visitor visa that were submitted online? What do I do after I have submitted the all the documents online? Once approved, will they let me choose

any location for example can i send it to any Consulate General of Canada in USA to send my passport for Visa?

Thank you for your time.

Hi All,

Could anyone give me an idea on how long it takes for Canadina visitor visa that were submitted online? What do I do after I have submitted the all the documents online? Once approved, will they let me choose

any location for example can i send it to any Consulate General of Canada in USA to send my passport for Visa?

Thank you for your time.

I submitted my online application on Feb 12th but dint hear anything yet. You have to send your passport and other documents (if asked) only when they ask you to send. (as per their instruction they mentioned while submitting my application)

Also, after sending the passport to the Canadian Consulate in NY after receiving the approval for Canada visa that was submitted online, how long do they take to send the passport back? Do they ask for any documents even after receiving approval for the application that was submitted online?

Thank you for your response.

rt_shr: If it is approved, they will not ask any docs i guess. For me they did not ask anything other than passport.

After approval , we need to send the following:-

1. Approval letter (It will be available in CIC as Pdf)

2. Passport

3. Return envlope (If no return envolope provided, they ll send ur passport back by First Class USPS)

How long it will take to get the passport back?

I sent them the passport and it reached the CIC on March 12.

I am still waiting to get the passport back.

rt_shr: If it is approved, they will not ask any docs i guess. For me they did not ask anything other than passport.

After approval , we need to send the following:-

1. Approval letter (It will be available in CIC as Pdf)

2. Passport

3. Return envlope (If no return envolope provided, they ll send ur passport back by First Class USPS)

How long it will take to get the passport back?

I sent them the passport and it reached the CIC on March 12.

I am still waiting to get the passport back.

Hey mattah, I sent my passport to NY and reached there on March 18th. Please update us as you get your passport back.

What do you think how long it takes to get passport back?

Hi Sharma,

Sure, i will update once i received the passport. Initially thought i would take a week to get the passport back. But already one week passed (mine reached NY CIC on Feb 12th).

Still counting the days... 1..2...3..4...5...6...7..etc...

PS: I have booked the visa stamping on Apr 8th. So little bit tensed here.

Thanks,

Anand.

Hi Sharma,

Sure, i will update once i received the passport. Initially thought i would take a week to get the passport back. But already one week passed (mine reached NY CIC on Feb 12th).

Still counting the days... 1..2...3..4...5...6...7..etc...

PS: I have booked the visa stamping on Apr 8th. So little bit tensed here.

Thanks,

Anand.

Same situation here Anand. I've my visa appointment on April 9th. I hope CIC respond soon.

Thanks

Sharma27 - No not yet. My passport reached NY CIC on March 12. Still not yet received. Me too travelling in the same boat and having my appointment on April 8th.

I have booked hotel, flight and made all arrangements. I may end of paying some dollers for flight cancellation and hotel cancellation. :(

1. What will be the latest date to reschedule the appointment? (Can i do it on April 6th ? )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all,

I am also in the same situation of applying for Canadian Visitor Visa.

Should I schedule first my interview and pay necessary fees at the US Consulate in Toronto before I send online application to Canadian Embassy in NYC?

Do I need to send copy of confirmation of my Visa Stamping appointment together with my application package to Canadian Embassy? This is not mentioned in the website.

Should I indicate US Visa Stamping as purpose of my temporary visit to Canada?

Thanks in advance. Appreciate any help. Good luck to all.

@ROWENA --

Should I schedule first my interview and pay necessary fees at the US Consulate in Toronto before I send online application to Canadian Embassy in NYC?

- Not necessary. You can even book the appointment after getting the TRV

Do I need to send copy of confirmation of my Visa Stamping appointment together with my application package to Canadian Embassy? This is not mentioned in the website.

-No not needed.

Should I indicate US Visa Stamping as purpose of my temporary visit to Canada?

- Yes. You can. Even you can mention as tourist. There is no hard and fast rule that you need to mention stamping as purpose. Either you can mention purpose as stamping or you no need to mention the reason as stamping.

Sharma27 - No not yet. My passport reached NY CIC on March 12. Still not yet received. Me too travelling in the same boat and having my appointment on April 8th.

I have booked hotel, flight and made all arrangements. I may end of paying some dollers for flight cancellation and hotel cancellation. :(

1. What will be the latest date to reschedule the appointment? (Can i do it on April 6th ? )

Hi Mattah,

I hope everything went well for you. Did you get your passport back on time?

Thank you.

Archived